• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Lighting Under the Bronco For Night Runs

Grover

Loc.
luhavull
I was just recently stuck at an airport for some time and picked up a mag. that was talking about this issue along with cameras. The lights that they used had replaceable lens, that were the same as a mag light lens. I will try and find this article and let you know who and what they used.

Dogdare

Round, rubber coated tractor lights for $7-$8 a piece at my local Auto Zone.

Herb

Case

recently i found some LED back up lights, about 1"x6" at www.bluedevilproducts.com. alittle pricey but they dont dram many amps at all. they talked about them in the december issue of 4wheel and off road.

OP
OP
66horse

66horse

Bronco Guru
Case said:
recently i found some LED back up lights, about 1"x6" at www.bluedevilproducts.com. alittle pricey but they dont dram many amps at all. they talked about them in the december issue of 4wheel and off road.

How well do these light up? Sound interesting...

OP
OP
66horse

66horse

Bronco Guru
OK I like everyone's ideas. I am leaning toward colored neons right now.

Why? You ask...

Few reasons. One I dont want to light up the area too much. Dont want to kill night vision. Going with a red or blue will help this.

Also, I think it is would look kind of cool while offroading.

So any one got info on neons? Pictures, links, etc..?

Thanks!
Steve

ckriz

Loc.
Central Oregon
If you look inside my fender there is one of those cheapo napa rubber encased tractor lights, $10 each. I have one under each fender well (front and back) and Ive had them on for more than 2 years. they take the abuse. I will try to get some better pictures tomorrow

Attachments

• 103_0386-1.JPG
    103_0386-1.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 33

red67

Loc.
Austin Texas
Grover said:
I was just recently stuck at an airport for some time and picked up a mag. that was talking about this issue along with cameras. The lights that they used had replaceable lens, that were the same as a mag light lens. I will try and find this article and let you know who and what they used.

It is the Decmeber Issue of Petersons 4x4 as mentioned above (but they also talked about the cameras and in dash GPS/DVD/ Guages Screen.). It was on their Tacoma. Pretty Cool Build Up.