• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Line-x or Rhino Line??

deltarat

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Drew,Ms
I had the inside tub,over the rails and tailgate, both sides of the bulkhead,winch bumper, rear bumper with tire carrier,rockers,nerf bars and tool box for $1000. I don't think the guy knew how much it was and priced it too low.

jw0747

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Antonio, TX
My EB is an off-road machine so inside is lined. IMHO liner is much more durable than paint. If my floorboards were painted all the paint woulda been worn off after 10+ yrs. Liner is still intact. If it was a resto or a d.d., probably no liner except on underside like undercoating.

Sac '68 sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Orangevale
Check out Raptor liner, works and looks great.

Just did the Raptor. Black on the bottom of the tub and fender wells. Then did the tintable on the inside and rails. The black dried very hard and I think is going to be very durable. Harder than paint for sure. The gray tintable is a little softer. I can put my fingernail into it and leave a mark. Can't do that at all with the black. I thought maybe I mixed it wrong the first time so I took the sander to the bed rails and redid them, this time I put in a little more hardener than they called for and it still is a little softer than I was hoping for and the black. It's a cheep alternative to the pro done ones and I'd recommend the black for sure. It's hard and slick to the touch. I think it's going to be very durable and easy to clean up. I'm not sold on the tintable yet. Have to see how it wears and if it gets any harder over the next few weeks.

Attachments

• Black Raptor.jpg
    Black Raptor.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 34
  • Black Raptor 2.jpg
    Black Raptor 2.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 34
  • Gray Raptor.jpg
    Gray Raptor.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 33
  • Gray Raptor 3.jpg
    Gray Raptor 3.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 44
  • Gray Raptor 2.jpg
    Gray Raptor 2.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 29

adnedarn

Whats it cost to get the inside lined? Im looking to line the inside of the 67 we are picking up next weekend? whats the average cost? I plan on having a shop do it not myself btw.

I was quoted $699 just a few days ago by my local LineX to do the whole inside of the tub, and up and over the rails. I've already stripped whatever the PO had in the back, still need to do the fender humps and from the front seats forward to the lower firewall though... Got the front seats and everything out last night so I could continue on :D
Andrew

Sac '68 sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Orangevale
I was quoted $699 just a few days ago by my local LineX to do the whole inside of the tub, and up and over the rails. I've already stripped whatever the PO had in the back, still need to do the fender humps and from the front seats forward to the lower firewall though... Got the front seats and everything out last night so I could continue on :D
Andrew

If your going that far you might want to try the Raptor. It was only something like $112 with the gun to the door from TP tools on e-bay +tape and plastic. One kit is more than enough for the bed and rails.

adnedarn

Thanks for the suggestion, but who knows.. maybe that was the junk that I'm taking out. I've had linex put in 4 of my trucks, and have 3 friends/family that have used it under my suggestion and we all love it. I'd rather pay for it and know it's going to be good stuff that is going to last, and not be junk like what I'm spending all this time taking out right now. Yours seems to look pretty decent though, have you got any close up shots? Oh, and how long ago did you apply it?
Andrew

Last edited:

HGM

Loc.
Senoia, Ga.
Thanks for the suggestion, but who knows.. maybe that was the junk that I'm taking out. I've had linex put in 4 of my trucks, and have 3 friends/family that have used it under my suggestion and we all love it. I'd rather pay for it and know it's going to be good stuff that is going to last, and not be junk like what I'm spending all this time taking out right now. Yours seems to look pretty decent though, have you got any close up shots? Oh, and how long ago did you apply it?
Andrew

Thats my biggest concern with actually using it... I'd hate to apply something inferior that really couldnt be removed without dipping the entire body.. I love the idea of saving money, but I've use the Duplicolor stuff in the past on other projects and was not impressed.. On the Bronco, this would have to be a one time only, last forever type of stuff..

Sac '68 sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Orangevale
I had duplicolor and I agree it was junk. I did the black about a month ago and the gray three weeks ago, then sanded off the bed rails and did them again last week because it was too soft. The gray is def. not as hard as the black even with the addition of extra hardner and I'm not sure I'd do the tintable Raptor again unless it really hardens up quite a bit more. The tintable that I left on has gotten much harder since I sprayed it so I'll see how it goes I guess. Time will tell, but I think the Black is going to be really tough stuff. The texture of the gray is the same as the black which you can see pretty good in the picture of my inner fender well. You can adjust the texture with the air pressure at the gun and how far away you hold it from what you are spraying.
Getting it off with an angle grinder and big 6 inch flapper wheel worked really good. Only took me 2-3 min per side to strip the rails.