• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Line-X/Rhino liner on undercarriage and firewall? Opinions?

kholding

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Las Vegas, NV
What does everyone think about Line-X on the undercarriage and firewall? Does it really provide any sound or heat insulation? What are the downsides?

My body is painted now and am contemplating having the underside shot with Line-X if it is worth it. I like the idea of a freshly painted underside but I know it won't always stay that way (but is having Line-X any better?).

SSDDBRONCO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
I think line x looks awesome as an undercarriage but I have seen others beside bronco builders use lizard skin because it has a special rubber heat instillation and sound deadening, but personally I would use line x because I'm sure it does what the lizard skin does and it looks a lot better imo.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I'm a fan of Line X Depends on your Budget..

Look into POR-15 too, that does a good job

justjeff51

Loc.
Metropolis
They did a episode on Extreme 4x4 TV or GEARZ about Lizard Skin. It looked really good and also, as stated above, has sound deading and cooling properties. I was thinking of doing mine in future also. If you go forward please post your results.

jim3326

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Appleturkey
I'm having the inside and out Line-X'd on my frame off. I'll post up pics when I get it back.

Jim W.

OP
OP
kholding

kholding

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Las Vegas, NV
I am debating putting in some "thermo-liner" and a nice carpet kit rather than Line-X the inside. I live in Las Vegas and don't want to be extremely uncomfortable when it it hot outside (burning our feet on the floorpans). I guess I'm looking at all options for the interior and underside.

SickWhips

Contributor
RAPTOR LINING! Enough said.. Wayyy better texture than rhino liner and Linex and a fraction of the cost...

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
I raptor-x'd the bottom of my tub. I didnt want to do the firewall because i was afraid the tar-rubber like properties would be a fire hazard. I also did the firewall insulator on the inside.

I heard of a guy that pulled into a gas station once and his bedliner was on fire. maybe from a thrown out ciggeret or something, im not sure. Just seems like near the ext manifolds of headers it may be a firehazard with them sort of products. But still my liner comes up to a point pretty close to the manifolds i guess??

Also the liners are harder to wash. My rear wells are lined but my front wheel wells are just painted. I wanted to line the fronts as well but im kind of glad i didnt. Well see, i have 3 cans of raptor-x left so they might get done someday.

I dont think any liner will do much for heat or sound. A little, yes! But not much! I dont care what the label says on the can or in there add, to me its just BS. If you made it 3/4" thick maybe! My purpose was strictly cosmetic.