• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

LMC truck dual exhaust system

mini73

Looking for an exhaust for my bronco. Seen that LMC has a complete bolt on kit. Would it be wise to go with this or should I try and find a place around where I live to get one made? Anyone have experience with this kit? Price isn't bad and I like the idea of it being bolt on that way I can do it myself.

Tedster100

Chairman of the Bored
I bought the dual exhaust kit, horrible and I mean horrible fit. No instructions and it could not have been more confusing. I spent at least 4 hours under my Bronco trying to make their kit fit my stock 302 with stock manifolds. Ended up cutting and having one section hanging down. When I went to a ZF & NP205 setup I went 2 into 1 and took it to a muffler shop utilizing one side and one of my Flowmaster mufflers.

My advice is to buy the muffler you want to run and take it to a shop that does custom exhaust, preferably stainless and get it done. You'll be much better off.

OP
OP
mini73

mini73

I bought the dual exhaust kit, horrible and I mean horrible fit. No instructions and it could not have been more confusing. I spent at least 4 hours under my Bronco trying to make their kit fit my stock 302 with stock manifolds. Ended up cutting and having one section hanging down. When I went to a ZF & NP205 setup I went 2 into 1 and took it to a muffler shop utilizing one side and one of my Flowmaster mufflers.

My advice is to buy the muffler you want to run and take it to a shop that does custom exhaust, preferably stainless and get it done. You'll be much better off.

Thanks for the reply. I'm beginning to think the LMC exhaust is not the good way to go judging from finding things on it. I might just do what you say and just have someone do it for me locally.

OP
OP
mini73

mini73

I would even would not mind trying to to build one myself. I have a welder and I am willing to try it but I would not what pieces of exhaust tubing I would need to get to make it. Could I by the pieces from a local auto parts store and try to make it myself?

Golfball

It will not fit. I tried this same kit from another vendor but got the one without mufflers (bought my own from Jegs). I tried several ways over a couple of weeks to try and make it fit. It never fit. The tail pipes were even with my axle tubes. Muffler hit the e-brake bracket.

I loaded mine on a trailer and took it to a local muffler shop yesterday and they used some of the kit (maybe half of it) and bent up some new pipe. Next time I will just start there and not waste money on the kit. I spent about $475 total with the kit, mufflers and install. The shop owner said he could have installed everything from scratch with mufflers for about $350-375. Live and learn %)