• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Lock-Right Locker for Ford 9" 28 Spline

bluemonday

Loc.
South Louisiana
Can anyone talk me out of buying a Lock-Right Locker. Price is affordable maybe not the best but good price. If you have one, is the clicking sound noisy???? Or noticable? The product description says in some application you can hear a clicking sound on turning. Help.

Last edited:

wallaceb

I won't talk you out of it, but I would highly consider going with either an Aussie or Spartan. I went with a Aussie for the front and am really happy with it. No tire size restriction.

wallaceb

For some reason I thought they did. Also Aussie Locker makes one for a 31 spline axle not a 28 spline so you would have to upgrade axles.

JohnJohn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Richmond
My lock-right clicks during slow tight turns. It came with the third member i bought so I ran it.

Roadburner

Ran 36" TSL's and 35" Pit Bull Rockers and broke 2 Lock Rite's. We went with a Detroit now.

sriha

I run 34" Swamper LTBs and only heard it click once and that was shortly after I put it in. It was noticable but I haven't heard it since. I am really enjoying the traction on the trails though. I have 3.50 gears and 28 spline axles and didn't feel like upgrading so I could get an Aussie. I had mine for almost a year.

JohnJohn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Richmond
I have 35's
You can here the clicking from about 50 yards away. I may replace it some day but I have no need now. I am running 4.11 gears.