• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Lock Right Locker

prosys1

Loc.
Victorville, CA
That's what I like about these forums, the answers are out there.......
Now if I could just sell my 35" Swamper Boggers......

prosys1

Loc.
Victorville, CA
Yea, rear lockers are different. OP was asking about the front. The Lock Right in my 78 D44 didnt reuse any gears in the carrier

You are assuming of course that because he's referring to a Dana 44, it has to be the front. Whereas, since he stated that it's his daily driver and you would have to be insane to install a mechanical locker in the front (IMO), I assumed it was the rear.

lilthom

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I will add a thumbs up for the lockrite. I do have an addiction to the skinny pedal with my np435 but everything is still together for now. I would say it is excellent for the price.

bad 68

Loc.
Northest Washington
You will blow front U joint and inturn f>up the axels. I don't work for a parts supplier honestly, but I have spent way too much money replacing stock axels and Ujoints and such. Save your money if your going with a traction device in the diff. then repace the D44 axels with the chromoly with good U joints. I have blown Spicer Ujoints in snow and on dirt with 33s.

prosys1

Loc.
Victorville, CA
I don't know how strong the Dana 30 or Dana 44 are, but when I had my Cruiser, I left the front open and never had any problems going where I wanted to go. That includes over the Duesy trail twice, once each way.
If you're going to lock up the front I would suggest a posi or if you have the funds, an ARB.
Or just remember to stay off the skinny pedal when things start to bounce.

av8rds

MAhole!
Loc.
2300 mi East of Moab
I wheel with 3 guys all running Lock-rights that have done Paragon, Tellico, Moab and so on with NO problems on 33-35 inch tires running Black level trails.