• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Lonestar Early Bronco Club 4th Qtr. Meet and Trail Ride - Bring a Toy for a Tot.

helo-mech

Yes its just Saturday. To call it an "event" might be overstating it a little. First and foremost it is our 4th quarter meeting. Usually the meeting is held at someones house or a popular BBQ joint. But it is the most important meeting of the year with officer elections and usually the club calendar unveiling. We figured that since we had such a great year, we'd cap it off by providing the members with one last free club run after the meeting this year. So don't come in expecting an organized "event". Its just a bunch of broncos riding some trails together after some bad ass cajun food and some club business. ;D

Sounds like a great "EVENT" to me.

Thanks for the offer Joe. Sounds like between you and Alex I will be able to find a seat.

Alex is everyone going up that morning? If so I am going to try and meet up somewhere with everyone and follow up.

OP
OP
FerrumCampitor

FerrumCampitor

Loc.
Hutchinson, MN
Yes, going up that morning. I might try to get there a little early. One of the resident trail guides that wil be helping us out will probably give me a little sneak preview of the newer trails before the meeting. ;) Being an officer and having to do this extra "work" can really take a toll on a guy. hehe.

PaulC

I'll be there. and on the LEBC maillist it looks like there are lots more RSVP's.

and we haven't mentioned yet, but we'll have 2008 LEBC calendars to sell and deliver. more details soon.

-Paul
LEBC Pres.

OP
OP
FerrumCampitor

FerrumCampitor

Loc.
Hutchinson, MN
Update - Turning into an "Event" after all!

Just a little update - As of today, we already have 22 trucks and over 40 people coming! I expect several more to chime in today and let us know they are coming, and I'm sure we'll have another 10 rigs that just show up. Looks like this is going to be more than an average meeting, its going to be a blast!:cool:

Oh! I can't beleive I forgot to say this. We WILL be unveiling the 2008 LEBC calendars at the meeting. AND BC Broncos will be there and they will also be unveiling somethings also. I can't say what. You'll have to come to find out! ;D

Last edited:

JRS77

Loc.
Omaha, Texas
Good bye Joe we got go ride on the Bronco. Son of a gun wheel have some fun on the Bronco. Eat Cajun food and have a few brews with a Bronco. Son of a gun wheel have some fun on a Bronco.

Cajun Food and Wheelin too!

ontherun

Loc.
San Antonio
Good bye Joe we got go ride on the Bronco. Son of a gun wheel have some fun on the Bronco. Eat Cajun food and have a few brews with a Bronco. Son of a gun wheel have some fun on a Bronco.

Cajun Food and Wheelin too!

Walter,.. you're a' genious,.;
Took me a' couple ' "repeats" in my head,. THEN! I realized there was a' "tune" that went w/ them there words,...:p ;D ;) S.

JoeLat

Hello All,
I've been away fromt a computer for a week now! I was on vacation. I'm still working on going. What time does this thing kick off anyway?

Big hoov, what are ya sellin? By the way, I recieved the matchbox bronco, thanks.

OP
OP
FerrumCampitor

FerrumCampitor

Loc.
Hutchinson, MN
Hi Group! I hope your Thanksgiving Holiday was great and you all ate too much turkey!

First off, this is looking to be a great event for the club. So far about 50 people and 25-30 trucks have responded saying that they’d be there. I expect several more of you that haven’t chimed in will also be showing up. I talked with Mike Madona this morning, the Cajun who’s cookin’ up the good stuff for us. He’s excited about meeting our group and assured me that NO ONE would go home hungry. He’s planning to cook a LOT of extra food so even if you haven’t RSVP’d, come on out! It sounds like there will be plenty of food for everyone. He asked me to let him know by the end of this week if there were any more people coming. So if you think you will be coming, and haven’t RSVP’d yet, drop me an email.

Second, lots of people have been asking about the times. We have decided to start the club meeting at 10am. Lunch will be served at 11am and any additional club business can be discussed while we’re eating. This will give us a full half day of wheeling afterwards. Park gates will open by 9:30am for our attendees. I’ll post more info with directions etc. closer to the date.

helo-mech

Alright it is getting close and I am trying to make my final plans. Who is leaving Houston Saturday morning? Does anyone want to meet up and convoy?

Alex.....thanks for the offer. I will be taking you up on the passenger seat.

JoeLat

Still planning on going Saturday morning. I will be driving the Bronco up so convoying might slow everyone up a bit. I think I might find out what route you guys plan on going on and leaving earlier along the same route.

OP
OP
FerrumCampitor

FerrumCampitor

Loc.
Hutchinson, MN
Hey guys. Can't wait for Saturday! We're gonna get some good out of this run. So bring an unopened toy for a kid. We're going to be collecting toys for tots at the meeting. Should be a great time!!

OP
OP
FerrumCampitor

FerrumCampitor

Loc.
Hutchinson, MN
Final details!

OK folks, it’s getting close to our 4th quarter meeting and trail run. Just a quick review and some details for you all for this weekend.
The meeting is this Saturday, at Brazos Valley Off Road Ranch, over by Bryan, Texas.
http://www.brazosvalleyoffroadranch.com/
http://www.brazosvalleyoffroadranch.com/hours&location.htm lists some of the location/directions
LINK MAPQUEST is the mapquest link to their address. you can click on Directions-To up top and put in your address and it'll route ya. Now, as usual, the online mapping software is slightly off. The park is actually about a mile NW of the point where MapQuest show the address to be. Looking at the map in satellite view, move up HWY47 until you see Foster road. Keep going NW until you see the crossover on the highway. That crossover is right in front of the entrance to the park. Looking at the satellite view, you can see a small pond in a large area with little vegetation. Zooming in there and looking SW from there, you can see the trail system. It looks really flat on there but it isn't at all.

The gates will open at 9:30am
Meeting will start at 10:00am
Lunch will be served from 11:00 to noon..ish (I talked with the caterer yesterday, and let me tell you, my mouth is salivating!)
We’ll look to hit the trails shortly after lunch.

Don’t forget that BC Broncos will be there with their Baja Race Bronco. They also have a couple of other surprises for us. And one, that I can’t mention but Jason might, is REALLY COOL!!! Trust me…if you haven’t decided whether or not you’re coming to this meeting…you don’t want to miss this!!

Can’t wait to see you all there.