• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

LoneStar RoundUp at Katemcy

PaulC

On Saturday April3 and Sunday April 4 the Lonestar Early Bronco Club is running at running at Katemcy off-road park in Mason, Tx for the club's 5th Annual Spring Roundup.

Checkout the park at http://www.katemcyrocks.com

This is an awesome area, almost like a "mini Moab". I've been on runs all over Texas, Arkansas, New Mexico, and Colorado, and this is one of my favorites. The granite terrain provides something for everybody, the traction is incredible, and at this time of the year the weather and scenery can't be beat.

Oh, and the company you'd have......well how can ya beat 30 or so Broncos????

This is an event you shouldn't miss. Shout at me for more details.

Here's some other links, w/Broncos in 'em of course:
http://www.katemcyrocks.com/reports_may03.htm
http://www.lonestar-ebc.com/Calendar/CalendarItem.asp?ItemId=13
http://www.lonestar-ebc.com/Calendar/CalendarItem.asp?ItemId=1

PaulC
Austin, Tx.

eBronc

Loc.
Austin, Texas
Gotta get busy with the welder..

Damn, I wish Broncenstein was ready..but I still have to get the 351W in, the ZF mated to the D20, the rear D60 and the front HP D44 swapped in, the rollcage, the wiring, the fuel system.....you know, just a few minor details. %)

Maybe next year... :p

I've been to Katemcy, and highly reccomend it. Tons of traction, lots of variety on the trails. Take plenty of drinking water with you though...

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
I'll be there (Ya can't say I didn't give y'all fair warning).;D

C'mon Texas folks, load up yer junk and come on out!

Last edited:

TexasBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Waterford, MI
I was hoping to have my Bronco ready by then. BUT i don't think I will by this year. Maybe next year! I plan to still drop by and see what is happening.

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
I had it all, but I guess I deleted it. Hop on the LEBC mailing list and ask, someone will have it.

I'm thinking of just crashing in the truck on Saturday night, probably shouldn't be driving anyway...

I'm coming down early Saturday morning, from the farm (Cisco). I'll see y'all there!

U

Unregistered

roksmurf said:
gonna try and make it.. pretty good haul from central Ark. any info on motels???

There is camping at the Park, but in the town of Fredericksburg (about 45 mins away) there is ALOT of hotels, days spas, and shopping....so go ahead and bring the wife!

OP
OP
PaulC

PaulC

There is camping available at the offroad park. Its fairly primitive, w/porto-johns and all, but its nice. There's a good group staying out there, lotsa of the hotel folks will stick around for a while, so am sure there'll be some tall tales being spun around the campfire till real late.

Mason is 10 miles South and has limited non-chain hotels. The town of Brady is 10 miles North and is where most end up staying. Brady has a Days Inn, Best Western, La Quinta, etc.

Yessir, you need to drag Bryce down. I think you guys will get a kick outta this place!

If I can help out with directions, accomodations, etc, just shout.
-PaulC
Austin, Tx.

tx1ton

Loc.
Boerne, TX
I'm dying to come too, but it's looking grim. Work work work...damnation the timing is not good for me!

AaaaaaaahhhhhhhRrrrrrrggggghhhh!

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
ttt

Come on you sleepyheads, you know you wanna go to this event. Blow off the boss man, roll your quarters for gas money and come on!

tx1ton

Loc.
Boerne, TX
Working on it Jason, I really am!

One question - looking at the Katemcy site they say min equip required is a roll bar/cage - I'm not there yet on my '71 and am wondering how strict they are on that rule...anyone know? I've got the hard top still on and just haven't gotten my act in gear enough yet to get to the cage...obviously I'm looking at only the wussy trails but darned I want to come just to see all our club rides in one place!!!

68Sport

I'm with you Joe. My "roll bar" is actually just a light bar.

Of course I don't plan on rolling, but...

Stewart

OP
OP
PaulC

PaulC

As far as rollbars are concerned: if you have a hardtop on your Bronco, and you are going to run the easy trails,....then come on out!

Pickup trucks, Scouts, Cherokees, Suburbans, etc, are pictured on the site, all without internal rollcages. We've had Broncos, w/hardtops and no rollcages, in the park before, but for sure we will steer you away from the advanced trails.

This will be the biggest turnout for an LEBC event ever, if nothing else come on out and catch a ride w/someone.

-PaulC
Austin, Tx.

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
If you don't come, your conscience will bother you for ages to come. Get your gear loaded up and come awnnn!

The roll bar issue has been resolved, so don't let that scare you off.

tx1ton

Loc.
Boerne, TX
I'm in! Got a trailer lined up and am coming! Now I gotta figure out accomodations but there's enough info on that going around that I should find something...

Thanks all for the peer pressure, I'm counting on you all to help roll me back over.....;D ;D

jaroh

Paul, What time is every body showing up? What is the actual cost. $40 for the weekend with camping? The web sight is saying $40 for camping friday and wheeling til dusk on Sat. Just need some details to convince the PREGNANT wife to let me go. If I get the release formal nod from her that will mean 2 broncos from abilene will be there.'

Thanks, Duane

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
Duane,

I think you are correct on the cost, unless you are a member, then it is quite a bit less.

I'll be headed down from Cisco at around 6:00 on Saturday morning, it'll be me and another fellow headed out from there, if y'all want to caravan with us (I have no idea what route you'll be taking) you're sure welcome. PM me and I'll send you my phone numbers if y'all wanna hook up)

Oh, and TTT for this!

OP
OP
PaulC

PaulC

Hi Duane,

The park is open 5pm on Friday night for those that want to camp out that night. They'll usually close the gates at 10pm or so to secure the park.

We're having a club meeting at 9am sharp Saturday morning and will wheel quickly thereafter. I'm suggest to most folks to get there 8:30 if it takes you 30 minutes to get your rig ready. Get there at 8:00 if it takes you an hour, etc... :)

The entrance fee for the park is waived if you are a club member. This goes for another event we have later in the year, so if you join you will save $ in the long run. hint-hint. For this event, you will still need to pay up for camping. If you joined under a family membership then family members get in free. If you are a single membership then you pay the passenger fee for the park. blah blah.

http://www.lonestar-ebc.com/Club/LEBCMerchandise.asp is where you can join online, via PayPal even.

We'll wheel hard all day Saturday, then there should be a good sized gang hanging out Sat nite. Then Sunday we'll meet to wheel at 9am. You can wheel all day, most will probably leave mid-day.

There'll be 2-3 groups, hitting anything and everything you want and at your skill/vehicle level.

This'll be a good time, promise. We've got 30 Broncos so far, and a smattering of sponsored guest vehicles.

Shout back with any questions, or if you need to pumped up any more! -Paul

jaroh

Well everything here did not line up. Uncle Sam has put together a weekend work party. I just love hearing that at 1400 on a Friday afternoon. I guess it was probably a bad omen. Yesterday I stopped by my buddies house and he had something to show me on his eb. The tranny decided to finally show where the leak was comming from. A nice crack down the passenger side. He told me he finnally figured it out when it started blowing oil bubbles. I guess I will have to hook up with you on the next bronco run this summer.

Have fun and don't get wet.
Duane