• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Look what the cat (errr...trailer) dragged in.

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
What's more exciting then the big brown truck dropping off boxes? The trailer dropping of your newly bedlined and fully caged Bronco. ;D

Just a teaser pic for now since it was getting dark last night. I still have to weld in a rock rail, install doors, tailgate, fender flares, head lights, tail lights, bumpers, spare tire carrier, CB radio, wiper motor, shifters, mirrors, fix a power steering leak and do a tune up.....all before the Stampede this weekend. :p

That wouldn't have seemed like such a big list before I had kids. :cool:

Attachments

• new roll cage 001.JPG
    new roll cage 001.JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 442

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
NICE JON... That's Cool. Very good feeling, I'm sure.

tjstack

Loc.
NY
now that's a good feeling. i should have my cage in a few weeks. can't wait. congrats.

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
What's more exciting then the big brown truck dropping off boxes? The trailer dropping of your newly bedlined and fully caged Bronco. ;D

Just a teaser pic for now since it was getting dark last night. I still have to weld in a rock rail, install doors, tailgate, fender flares, head lights, tail lights, bumpers, spare tire carrier, CB radio, wiper motor, shifters, mirrors, fix a power steering leak and do a tune up.....all before the Stampede this weekend. :p

NICE cage-your design???, I also like the deck over trailer. I have a deck over for my full width rig with 42s, another buddy has 44s on his and we are constantly trying to find a trailer for his rig-usually I tow his and we cram mine on another trailer which it hangs off of a bit :)

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
Awesome Jon!
You're feeling better than I do... mine won't be out of the body shop until Friday. Bummed that I'll miss the Stampede... but next year for sure!!!

Sbolt19

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Colorado Springs
Sweet...I want to know more about your cage and some pix if you have em. Did you do it or is it from one of the vendors?

BwoncoHowie

C-4 Wizard
Nice! Looks like the makins of a really fun vehicle. ...Get busy on her and send more pics. :cool:

Dan's73

Bronco Guru
Looks good Jon....I like the cage too. Who'd you end up going with for it? Seems like the last week has been good for getting work done: I finally got the Crab cage installed last weekend (only sat in my shop for 6 weeks after I got it from you). Now I get to fit it out & decide just how much I want to do to it, then it's back out for powdercoating.

I'm hoping to be back in town & head up to the Stampede Saturday afternoon. Hope I can make it & check everything out!

BamaBlue'67

I really like the cage. I might have to steal some ideas from that one.;)
Please, Post some more pics as it develops.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru

Looking good, Jon. I watched them work on installing your seats last week when I was down at Randy's. I didn't even recognize your truck at first w/o any blue paint on it :). See ya this weekend!

Todd Z.

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Jon,

That looks great! The thing with kids is ya have to put them to work for ya' to free up your time! My 15 year old will be building his first ride this summer with the old man's help o'course.

OP
OP
admin

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Thanks everyone for the compliments. I wish I could take credit for the cage, but it wasn't done by me. It's a company here in Phoenix called Bent Fabrication that's partnered up with Driven Auto. Paul down there really did a great job listening to what I wanted, making suggestions along the way and then executing a very nice cage; fully tig welded, front & rear seats tied into the cage, everything really tight to the dash & floor just the way I wanted it.

I'll take more pics soon, but at the moment I'm falling behind schedule. The only task I got crossed off my list tonight was welding in the rock rail.:-[ Lots left to do.

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
Get some pics this weekend at the Stampede, it's looking great but we need some action shots to fully appreciate ;D

a very nice cage; fully tig welded, front & rear seats tied into the cage, everything really tight to the dash & floor

And talking about kids and cages, a well built one also makes an excellent portable jungle gym ;)

Attachments

• jungle gym.jpg
    jungle gym.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 55
Last edited: