• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Looking at buying another bronco - whatchathink about this scenario?

eudaman

so, years ago i was on this forum alot and rebuilt a 71 bronco from crap, to a pretty sweet silver bronco...loved it for a few years then unceremoniously sold her.

regretted it ever since...but at that time i really needed the ducats.

fast forward a bunch of years and here i am.....seems bronco prices are higher then they used to be to get into the game with a decent starter rig.

So....i found an uncut 76 ranger for 10k. is this a good deal? Here is a description:

- 302 with c4 runs and shifts nice, appears to be a strong engine.

- Uncut, and all stock everything. Not a single customization is on this truck.

Also:
PS/PB AUTO
DISC BRAKES IN FRONT
DANA 44
96K ACTUAL MILES
REBUILT HEATER/NEW BLOWER
NEW SEAL/U-JOINTS FRONT END
REAR AXLE SEALS REPLACED
NEW AUX TANK
NEW FUEL SENDER BOTH TANKS
REAR DRIVE SHAFT REBUILT
REBUILT C4 TRANNY
REAR FENDER UNCUT

interior is gone.....needs to be re-upholstered completely, needs a new top on dashboard, and really needs a paint job.

body is pretty straight, and rust is light....alot less rust then my old 71 initially had.

if i got this one, my game plan would be to make her into a stock looking, uncut medium green poly beauty. any advice is appreciated...especially if this is too high a price, or a good deal at 10k ! and nice to be back on the board!

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
While I'd consider it high priced. It kinda depends on your area. A straight body with little rust means a lot. I'd pay more for one with a good body that runs so so. than a rust bucket that runs good.
Interior is not a show stopper and heck you were probably going to paint it anyways. So considering it does have a rebuilt tranny and other new parts already its not that bad of a deal.