• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Looking at buying my 1st Bronco 1971 1/2 cab and some questions now with pics

Navy_chief

Loc.
Oklahoma
Hello,
I am looking at buying my first bronco it has been in a barn for the last 25 years tires are dryrotted the only thing that looks changed out on it is the front bumper fairly rust free 302 3 speed manual brakes and steering guy states that it runs. Is it worth $3,500 I may be able to get it for less maybe between $2,800 to $3,000 once again it is a 1971 1/2 cab edition looking forward to the replys.
Matt

Last edited:

mavereq

Bronco Guru
welcome to the site. can you get some pics of it? if it truly is a clean tub then i think it's worth it. i hear of a lot of people getting screaming deals on here so you might get a few people that think that price is too high. it really depends on your location.

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
anything around the $3500 range for a starter Bronco is worth taking a look at unless every body panel is rusted out. If you had some pictures a bunch of us could give you a better idea though....

OP
OP
N

Navy_chief

Loc.
Oklahoma
The bronc is in Oklahoma the bed looks good the cab ok it does have some rust it looked like the door striker on drivers side had some rust and the drivers door sags.

66ALRIDE

Contributor
Just BIP It!
Loc.
Dothan, AL
Take a good look at the hinge post then. Look inside the fender well at the back side of it. Open the door and have some one pick up on it to see if the flex is in the hinges or post itself.

OP
OP
N

Navy_chief

Loc.
Oklahoma
pics

Ok,
here it is minor rust in rockers zero rust in frame or floor boards.
bronc005.jpg

bronc006.jpg

bronc007.jpg

bronc008.jpg

bronc009.jpg

bronc010.jpg

bronc013.jpg

bronc014.jpg

bronc015.jpg

bronc016.jpg

bronc017.jpg

bronc018.jpg

bronc019.jpg

bronc020.jpg

bronc021.jpg

bronc011.jpg

bronc012.jpg

What you think

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Yep me two.Get it I say!!! Also welcome to site and wish it were close to me..

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
Ouch lots of work there! LOTS of work! Keep in mind that you can get a cherry one for 8 or 10 grand and that one needs about 6 grand worth of work!

If you can drive it home id say its worth 1 or 2 grand. If you cant drive it home id walk away unless you have unlimited money and time.

Sorry to burst your bubble but i have looked at 6 broncos this year and had to walk away from them because there a can of unopened worms.

medwards01

Loc.
Wilmington, NC
Navy Chief, you didn't say where you are located....I hate to disagree with bknbronco because you won't get a half cab like that for $1-2000 in our neck of the woods. If the engine and running gear is good and you can get it for $3K I'd say you will be happy with the deal....;D

lasadoor

Loc.
San Diego
kind of like bringing home a puppy, it'll be great but its gonna take time and patience and a little pocket change.

$3,500 is a decent price, $2,800 is better

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
I wouldn't pay that much for it. There are plenty of rigs in better shape for that price. Unless you're just in a hurry I would wait.

Airmapper

Foolproofness Tester
Loc.
Bowling Green, KY
Consider the pickings in your area as well. I gave $3500 for my '70, and it is more rusty than that one. I feel like it was a fair price. Not a steal but fair all things considered.

I feel like mine probably wasn't worth that much in the grand scale of Bronco's, but when I add in that I have not seen another comparable early Bronco within 100 miles for sale, or any Bronco in equal or better shape for less $ in this state and neighboring states, $3500 for a Bronco that needs some work but you don't have to go cross country to get, and is running and with some work drivable, the deal sounds a lot better.

Condition of the Bronco is a key factor, but not the only factor on price. Personally if that Bronco was in my area and I wanted another Bronco, from what I can tell of the photos, I'd probably pay $3500 for it, but I'd definitely try to talk the owner down farther, no sense paying more than you have to.

OP
OP
N

Navy_chief

Loc.
Oklahoma
Well,
considering I have not seen another like it in our neck of the woods we bought it. My wife liked it so we are now the new owners. It will ned some rust repairs new seals and other typical restoration stuff you would consider for a 40 year old vehicle.

This will be hers and this is mine that I am currently working on:

santabeau2010028.jpg

santabeau2010036.jpg

santabeau2010051.jpg

And here is my truck in a country music video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eaux5laKSE0&feature=youtu.be

Sorry guys it is not a ford but I always liked rare stuff and this truck is rare called a Desert Fox sb 400 fully loaded for a 1977 GMC and was a prototype to boot.

Airmapper

Foolproofness Tester
Loc.
Bowling Green, KY

Nice! Very cool, I like seeing a truck that isn't absolutely pristine and polished so much it's not practical make it into a video like that, shows the producers appreciate something that's real and not had a ton of money thrown at it. Gives me hope for mine. ;D

I've actually heard that song before, seems like it was on some country music award show. Never heard of the singers before that, or since really, guess they are not hugely popular, maybe it's the slightly creepy chick with the fake eyelashes.

Also, congratulations on the Bronco. I want to see it in a music video next. :cool:

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Glad you got it and nothing wrong with a cool Cheby:cool: for sure!! That kinda favors the one Jon drove on C.H.I.P.S. sept maybe it was blue I think?;D

medwards01

Loc.
Wilmington, NC
Navy_chief; said:
Well, considering I have not seen another like it in our neck of the woods we bought it. My wife liked it so we are now the new owners. It will need some rust repairs new seals and other typical restoration stuff you would consider for a 40 year old vehicle. This will be hers:

Navy_chief, Congrats on purchasing the half cab....Your wife is definitely a "keeper." It's pretty damned cool that she wants her own EB....You know what they say about, "If mama ain't happy, then nobody's happy." From that perspective alone, I'll say you made a good deal....;D