• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

looking for a good set of beadlocks

TM Toys

Loc.
Barboursville , VA
I have a set of Trail Ready s158 , I think is the model that I had for the EB ,but that build got canceled .. need to sale em' .

I run a set of MRW on my trail rig now , no problems so far ..

what's your budget ?

mtfit

Bronco Guru
Loc.
pa
I have MRW and they are good. plus inexpensive compared to most. I wouldnt worry about the bling if you going to wheel !! my outer rings are beat after 1 yr.

DRBRONCO69

Chicago Mike
Loc.
Chicago, Illinois
I bought a set of Do It Yourselfers and they work flawlessly. Paid 200.00 for the set, welded them on myself and purchased grade 5 hardware for them at a minimal cost. For about 225.00 and some manual labor, pretty cheap and look good too.;D

Scrapper_MV

I had a set of 17" Allied Rock-A-Thons on my last Bronco I loved them but they're heavy. Those wheels with 37" BFG muds made for a very heavy package. Changing a tire by my self was a chore. All that being said, I will probably buy another set for my current Bronco.

TexasBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Waterford, MI
Yeah I went with the self weld kind from Rockstomper. I did spend a little more for the extra wide 'mud ring' and to have the bolts counter sunk, but so far this tire has been made up for a month and only droped 2 psi.

If welding an 'air tight' weld seems daunting its not too bad. I just tacked all the way around about every 2 inchs and then skipping every other gap I seam welded the two until done. Once cooled and cleaned up I used a bit of diesel fuel on the inside of the rim behind the weld and rolled the rim to check for leaks. If any are found I just welded them up (lucky none where found= confindence builder)

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 62

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I have MRW and they are good. plus inexpensive compared to most. I wouldnt worry about the bling if you going to wheel !! my outer rings are beat after 1 yr.

Good catch... MRW will take a beating and keep on tickin.. ;)

cracker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pueblo, Colorado
Running 15" Rockatons without any problems. I found a used set for $200, so it was a good deal. Outer ring is scratched, but who cares....

rednck21

ive had two sets of Allied rock a thons and they are good wheels. if i had to do it over again, i would probably go with MRW simply because from what ive seen they have thicker rings. the rings on the allieds are fairly thin, but get the job done.

ned72

Loc.
Truckee
All my friends run the staun's and they say there the best. At only like 170 tire it's not bad, and their legal on the street. You can pretty much air down to like 1 p.s.i. and not have any problems except for the tire folding over your rim and crushing it, and that is easily solved by a set of rock rings. It is also a double beadlock I think.

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Recentered hummer rims ?
Thats what I have been looking into here lately.
If you do it yourself , you can have double bead locks ,rock rings , custom offset and bolt pattern for about $700 or so.
Of course you need a 16.5" tire , which I already have.