• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

looking for a reasonable priced transport for eb

johnnyv505

Loc.
albuquerque
Hi, i am new to this site but just purchased a 71 bronco from a member on here ( I am pumped!!!) now i just cant wait to get her here... the bronco is in New Hampshire and I am in New Mexico I was just wondering if anyone on here knows of a shipper or someone willing to transport it for me for a reasonable price?? the lowest quote I've received was from stateway auto and it was $1000 :-[. if that's what i gotta pay ill pay it i cant wait to get my new bronco here so i can start fixen her up! but i would like to save a little more cash for new parts if at all possible;). anyway i appreciate any info anyone has for me and look forward to sharing my progress on my new project!! thanks, john

oh yeah and this is my first thread so if i don't have this in the right section let me know and ill fix it! thanks!

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Welcome
Sorry cant recommend any shippers but hope you can get it done for cheap. That kinda sucks you have to get it shipped all that way. You probably could have found one closer and saved some $$ or used that $$ to get one with a little less rust. but hey whats done is done and you have a bronco and thats what counts.

lowbush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Summerland Key, FL
You know with the price of diesel, a private tow is not going to come in much under that if any. I drove from FL to Vegas not to long ago in our Dodge Cummins diesel and we put about $600 in the tank one way. You may get lucky and find someone going that way, that would be willing to put a trailer behind their truck and do it to offset the fuel bill. But on diesel prices alone, 1K does not sound like that bad of a price. I would imagine they are shipping by rail at that price. You might try Craigslist, to see if you can find someone making that trip, just be careful and check the person out if you go that route.

Broncitis

MEB Founder
$1000 for that distance IS cheap.

I shopped around and had an F-100 shipped from south western Idaho to south central PA for more than that last summer.

There are some brokers who will claim low prices, but the load will often never get picked up off the load board by the drivers (unless it is on a common route and they happen to have an empty spot on the trailer, but you may still have to wait for that). I waited a month and then switched brokers and bumped up the rate a few hundred bucks and got it picked up the next day.

xcntrk

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NOVA
I had a vehicle shipped across the country recently.. $1,500 open air trailer..

Diesel fuel isn't cheap...

Zillacon

Loc.
Hackin Away!
$1000 is cheap for that distance for a reputable company.

Also keep an eye on Uship. If someone has an empty trailer you might luck out. I always check on here for loads when i am headed in a certain direction to help pay for Diesel if I am headed that way anyways.
http://www.uship.com/

asinor

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tulsa, OK
We ship a lot of vehicles, $1000 is a great price for that distance.
We mainly use Passort and Reliable, or do it ourselves, always enclosed for fully restored vehicles.

It ends up costing us more to do it ourselves if its a one way trip, but if we are picking one up too it is cheaper (excluding time).

Matt_brianna

Loc.
Rapid City
Dont go with stateway!

I used them to go from cali to south dakota. It took 3 months to get my truck and another 1 and a half to get the refund i was promised. They will bid low and then make you raise it to get a driver to pick it up. It was 800 to ship mine, pay the extra 200 upfront.

Read the reviews on some of the shipping referal sites. If a few are bad you can assume those people are never happy, but if they are all bad then something is actually wrong.

vesparex

Mine was shipped from Tucson, AZ to Berwyn, IL (Chicagoland) for $650. Fantastic service and pretty quick. A week I believe. It was an open car carrier.

shipper.jpg

Duane

vesparex

The inv says 1980 Ford Bronco because that was the earliest year choice on their computer! :)

Duane

OP
OP
J

johnnyv505

Loc.
albuquerque
Awesome Thank you all for your input I really appreciate it!I got it all figured out now just gotta play the wait game for it to get picked up and here!!

OP
OP
J

johnnyv505

Loc.
albuquerque
I ended up going through Progressive Auto Relocation Inc. i looked them up on transportreviews.com and they were a 5 star company. it ended up costing me more then id hoped... $1500 :eek: but i set it up on a Friday, they picked it up on Monday and quoted me 10-14 days travel time but he was actually here in 6 days! so im sad i had to spend so much but happy it worked out easily for the most part! i had originally tried stateway because they had quoted $1000 but they kept coming up with excuses why they couldn't get a truck so i guess an extra $500 was worth not having to wait a month just to get it picked up!!