• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Looking for a Reputable Shop, prefferably Central Alabama

rutwad

I've decided to not attempt to do the work myself and looking for a shop to do the work. Or at least give me an estimate...lol! I'm near Montgomery, AL, but willing to travel some if needed. Thanks

Golfball

Welcome to CB. Nice project you have there. Unfortunately there aren't any real restoration shops around Montgomery that I know of, but there are a few in Birmingham and Alabaster to the north. I will see if I can find the names of the shops but I can't vouch for the quality/workmanship, just that they do restorations on classic cars. I did meet a guy in Alabaster that owned a restoration shop and he was driving an early Bronco that he restored, very well done. I will PM you if I find any info.

Mikel C

Loc.
Tuscaloosa, AL.
I need the shop information as well. I'm in Tuscaloosa and struggling to find anyone that knows early model Broncos and can show me the work that they have performed on the trucks.

Golfball

Impatient Creations in Alabaster. Linky Told they do good work and I have personally seen one Bronco they have done and it looked well done. Never had any work done by them so I can't vouch 100% so you will have to talk to them and decide for yourself.

If I can think of others I will post a reply.

Cheers!

Bdhand

Contributor
My dad had some guys in Cullman come look at his 50 model ford about restoring it. They seemed like they knew their stuff. I can get the name of the shop if you would like it.

Brent
Jasper, Al

Germd

Not in Alabama, but worth a drive if you have a trailer. Want to let them have my Bronco, but I have to sell a kidney first. It's OK though, I have two kidneys.
;)
http://www.krawlersedge.com

Petraszewsky

Loc.
Huntsville, AL
Know anything about the Its Not Paint powder coating shop in Huntsville? Considering frame powder coat if price not outrageous.

I've used them to do the rearend on my S10 build. They do good work. Tennessee Valley Fence also blasts and powdercoats but I haven't used them yet.

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach
Few hours south of you but check out Coastal Custom Restorations (CCR) in Freeport FL. Very knowledgeable in Broncos and do excellent work. If you check them out on Facebook you can see some of the Broncos. They wil work with you to whatever extent you want. Frame off, frame on, repairs, whatever. Just a bunch of good and talented guys.

Golfball

A friend is having his Mustang built at Performance Car Craft in Saginaw near Calera. I am told the work is great and rates are very reasonable. Haven't seen the car yet since its still being finished. Friend says the work is top notch!
Scott is the owner, 205-216-3195.

bigcountry

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Mustangs Central in Byron, GA restores cars. He specializes in early mustangs, but works on Broncos as well. ask for Allan.

Mustang Central LLC
975 Lakeview Rd
Byron Ga. 31008
478-956-3871