• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Looking for a Welder in Portland

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Hello follks, I just got back into the Bronco scene last week after being out of it for about 10 years. I bought a 76 2 weeks ago and just dragged a 72 up from Cali with a wrecked front end (was to be a parts vehicle but it's too solid for that = 2nd project). I have never welded (would like to learn - plan on signing up for the Community College course in the spring) and do not have the equipment but am needing to find a contact in the NW area that would be willing to help me out either personally or recommend a shop that has worked on EB's before. I stopped by Tom's on the way back to Portland and picked up the pieces I need to replace (floor pans, rocker, door striker) and need a little help with the install. I have a fridge stocked full of beer and some good conversation to offer for anyone willing to help out. I am pretty excited to get back into Broncos...I have had several other project vehicles since my 67 in college (65 Triumph Spitfire, 64 Barracuda, 72 IH Scout) but nothing seems to hold my attention like an EB. I even have my wife spotting them rolling down the road now...project 76 will be one for her (power steering, disc brakes, automatic, etc). Thanks for taking the time to read, looking forward to making some connections.
Josh

OP
OP
Tito

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Still Lookin

Hey guys, Anyone in the NW looking for a little assistance to give??? I am trying to get my 76 done by Mother's day for my wife and could use a little welding help. I have no problem with paying for services, just need to keep it within reason (gotta get more parts). I need to get a rocker, same side striker and floorpans replaced (already have the new panels). I would like to find someone who has done the replacements before since I want to see how to do it and will need to do it myself on my second project, a 72. I will be starting a new thread next week to outline my progress and accept any tidbits anyone would like to provide. I am building up the 76 for my wife since it has PS, PB, Discs, Auto, etc and will be pretty close to stock other than a few mods. I am also going to paint it a metallic pink (old school pink with a bit of upgrade) with white top, flares and trim. I am pretty stoked about the project and until it is painted my wife doesn't know its for her. I actually think the pink will rock, haven't seen too many of them out there either...actually none. I am sure there are some out there but I haven't seen or found any. Anyways would love some help, I am very flexible on time and could use some Bronco contacts since I am just getting back into them. Thanks!