• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Looking for a welder

patterdale

Bronco Guru
$816.05 is a pretty stiff price for a 110 V welder. And I would be really leary of the statement "acetylene" tanks are not included. (Thank God) Holy s**t balls Bat Man, MIG stands for metal inert gas. Acetylene is far from inert. I'd spend a little more time looking around.

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
I bought my Miller 211 for that price. It can use both 110V and 220V and can easily burn in 1/4" on 110V.

Hobart is a good brand and is Miller's lower line, so I wouldn't sway from them. But if you can get a Miller for the same price, why not go blue?

xcntrk

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NOVA
I bought my Miller 211 for that price. It can use both 110V and 220V and can easily burn in 1/4" on 110V.

Hobart is a good brand and is Miller's lower line, so I wouldn't sway from them. But if you can get a Miller for the same price, why not go blue?
I love everything about my Miller 211, awesome machine!

NYLES

Bronco Guru

Hobart is a made in USA MILLER! but I agree Millers get the new lil mods first.

I have a Hobart 180 will do just about anything around the house/farm.

JohnJohn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Richmond
I love my Miller 211!
It is such a good deal and it makes my welds look like TIG welds.
I started with a 110v and now that I can switch the plug and go 220v I hate welding with 110v even on thin metal.

NYLES

Bronco Guru
Damn looked up Hobart that made in USA label is gone! That sucks do we build anything here now?

JohnJohn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Richmond
It looks like all Miller welders are still made in Wisconsin. I paid $900 for my 211 and got a cover, cart, wire, auto darkening helmet, metal gauge, and the gas regulator/gauges.

dube

Bronco Guru
Loc.
big lake Mn
Miller Miller Miller 211 211 211 ������
Just got to love Miiller.

70_Steve

Old Guy
I dont know alot about welders but this is one I have been looking at it this one is a combo kit with a plasma cutter and a welder.
http://www.eastwood.com/mig175-and-versa-cut-plasma-cutter-kit.html
I never welded with a MIG before, but I bought the Eastwood 180 MIG last year, and couldn't be more pleased. I did some research before buying and all the reviews and comment were very good. I've only run two 11# spools of wire through it, but it has performed flawlessly. My friends, who have used Miller and Lincoln welders say this welds just as good. I've compaired the internals to Miller welders at the local welding shop and they are comparable.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
I really want a lincoln 180 dual machine. best of both worlds in 120 /240 volt.

patterdale

Bronco Guru
That same welder is available at our local fleet store for @ 450$ (Hobart 140 Handler)

dave67fd

Bronco Guru
I went with the Eastwood 135 mig and am very pleased with it. Built well, fully adjustable, good reviews and can't be beat for under $350 IMO.

Attachments

• DSC01562.jpg
    DSC01562.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 21

J-man

Loc.
Holladay, UT
Love my Hobart 175 did my frame off with this little beauty of a welder. Replaced rear quarters rockers and floors for sheet metal work and did lots off suspension fab. Wouldn't recommend anything other than a 240 volt running with mix gas. Good luck.

jim3326

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Appleturkey
acetylene gas tanks not included

Thought maybe this was the new combo unit that cuts and welds with the same torch%)

Jim W.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I love everything about my Miller 211, awesome machine!

I love my Hobart 187. It's the best welder I have ever owned/used but then again my previous welders were "Harbor Freight specials". I would have preferred a Miller but it was quite a bit more expensive at the time.
I am a quality control engineer at many construction projects and you never see anything and I mean anything but Miller welders. It's blue as far as the eye can see, so you can see what the pro's use. In a perfect world I would have a Miller 211 but my Hobart 187 is doing fine. Never used a Lincoln but I hear they are excellent as well.