• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

LA Looking for an early Bronco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newellt3

Please note I am new to the forum... Go easy on me.... I recently missed an opportunity to buy a '77 Bronco (I felt like it was too expensive based on its condition) and have now become obsessed with early broncos. If anyone knows of one in good condition that is reasonably priced in my area (north Louisiana) please let me know. I am a legitimate buyer that will travel if worthy. Thanks

OP
OP
N

Newellt3

I would prefer a 77 but am open. as far as price, it would just depend on the bronco. thanks

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
I think what BajaFresh is saying is be a little more specific. What are your intentions. Rock Crawler, weekend driver, Auto, Standard, A/C, Lifted, Stock, Cut or Uncut, PS, PB, a project to work on or a ready to drive rig.... Those type things.... And good luck with your search. Since you are new, here is a little info about BajaFresh ( Chris ), he is flaming gay..... LOL, just kidding. Broncos that go through Chris's hands are considered to be some of the best maintained, cleanest, and honest rigs around. He has a very very good reputation on this site.

Scott

OP
OP
N

Newellt3

HA!!!

I understand. thank you for clearing up. i mainly want it as a weekend toy that my son and I can enjoy. I would prefer an Auto, factory air, etc. not 100% restored (due to the costs of it) but in good shape... rust free. appreciate the help.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
he is a machine..

Gentlemen, we rebuilt him. We had the technology. We had the capability to build the world's first Early Bronco man. Sprdv1 was that man. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster................and they call him.........Sprdv1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I made myself laugh.............

Welcome to CB, and good luck with your search!

Last edited:

rjrobin2002

Bronco Guru
Dont get hung up on needing a 77 for the disk brakes. a 66-75 bronco can be converted to disk for about 150 bucks in parts. The auto is not that hard to find, but auto disk brake makes your search really hard. And you can almost count out finding a working factory AC Bronco. I have been craigslist searching for 10 years and never seen one in this area. I can help you with upgrades to whatever you buy as I have done almost every upgrade you can do to a bronco, "hydro boost power brakes, disk conversion, power steering conversion, EFI, auto with overdrive conversion, floor plan replacement, gear swaps" and so on. I am in Bossier City and seem to see a decent 2-5000 dollar bronco in the area once a month or so and a decent partial restored in the area for around 10000 once a month or so.

OP
OP
N

Newellt3

Thank you - do you know of anyone that will,paint one? Also, I have found one in Oklahoma but I am unsure if its worth the money... Please keep an eye out for me

jmhend

Bronco Guru
I have several friends and folks in this thread that live in OK, I am sure someone would give it a look over for you if you ask them. I even have a painter in OK...

Rick Harrison

Loc.
Shreveport
I live in shreveport and building a 73 i have a painter that i use that will paint it for you that does a great job on body work and paint he is the one that i will let paint mine i'am doing a frame off i also know where one is that might good be brought good body but would need to be bilt

TommyK

'74 in Shreveport

I haven't put it in the classifieds yet, but i have a '74 that i am willing to sell if the price is right...it needs work but the 302 engine was just refreshed and is bored to about a 330...if you want a project, this is it...(318) 564-1290...Thom.

Status
Not open for further replies.