• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Looking for AOD Trans lines

chriskent85

Im looking for some flex line for my AOD. Any sponsors carry any that are flex. Im not sure if the hard lines will work with my setup. There is no way the hard lines will fit with my headers.

nickgp

Bronco Guru
You can carefully measure the distances using string. Draw a diagram showing how the fittings need to be clocked. Take it to your local hydraulic hose shop and have them make a set. Overkill for sure, but clean, strong and trick. Oh , and don't forget to get some clamps while you're there. Est cost 200 to 250.

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
As said I would make my own. Those benders are pretty cheap at harbor freight
Or go to a junk yard and pull them from a big car Lincoln etc so you have extra length

pbwcr

Auto stores sell steel lines coated on the outside with some kind of plastic. They bend easy without an tools. Probably good to use rubber flex to get from the trans to the frame rail for ease of install and to make it vibration proof. I have used these lines both 5/16 and 3/8 lines for various applications. They come with fittings that I cut off to allow hose connections

OP
OP
C

chriskent85

Do you guys know what ends i need for the trans side and what ends i need for the radiator side?

Hazegray

Going to a junk yard like spap said is probably the best bet. That way you will have the correct fittings to the transmission, then bend the original lines. Just take some metric wrenches with you and a tubing cutter...

OP
OP
C

chriskent85

I have no room for any type of factory hard lines. The hard lines go down the pass side of the trans. I have no room there with the headers that I'm running.