• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

NY Looking for Early Bronco in Upstate NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fios

Loc.
Albany
Have been quietly watching the exchange on this site trying to find the right Bronco to ride. Made some posts to ask for questions about vehicles. It's been interesting. Link below was interesting because it was unusual. Dealer has been unwilling to provide written details, but I have plenty of photos. Special paint and possible rust keeps me from pulling trigger. Found "build-a-bronco" recently, but not certain this is the way to go either. It it unusual not to get a response from someone when you ask? Thanks. Great site and very lucky to have found this forum since I share the passion about these trucks every since I owned an early, but rusted on in highschool (too many years ago to admit). If anyone has a reliable, unrusted bronco, post links. Thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0164426056&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
contact Fatboy on here...has a 1970 with like 54K original miles in NH

OP
OP
F

Fios

Loc.
Albany
Heus33, how much work has he done to body? I'd want the half cab restored so I could use it in winter. Not practical upstate, Buffalo or Albany. The post indicates he'd have to remove roll bar and patch body. Is he doing that now? Any damage that can't be undone? Also, engine looks a bit tired. Do you know if he's down any work recently? Don't mean to be insulting to him, but just my observations. Thanks.

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Heus33, how much work has he done to body? I'd want the half cab restored so I could use it in winter. Not practical upstate, Buffalo or Albany. The post indicates he'd have to remove roll bar and patch body. Is he doing that now? Any damage that can't be undone? Also, engine looks a bit tired. Do you know if he's down any work recently? Don't mean to be insulting to him, but just my observations. Thanks.

I'll send you a PM with his phone number. You'll want to ask him these questions instead of me being the middle guy. He's not working on it now - its "as-is" but if you wanted things done to it you'd have to work that out with the seller.

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Tasker, thanks for response. Sent Fatboy a PM.

Fios,

Sent an email to the address you PM'd me. Good luck with your search, there are a lot of fine rigs out there in your price range regardless if you are looking for a stocker, mild or wild trail rig. Be patient and you will find the right one. Be happy to talk further if you need to.

OP
OP
F

Fios

Loc.
Albany
Fatboy, Thanks for the encouragement. I don't want you to think I am ignoring your emails. They are not getting through. Must be my ISP blocking it. Anyway... all the best. Love to read the old post and photos of all the broncos. What a great past time and the talent out there is something. Builders like Jeff are doing great work. Thanks again.

strandlock

Loc.
Petersburgh
Fios? u a 3rd street phone guy? Anyway Im probably gonna sell my 74,expoxied frame,sandblasted first,power disks,power steering 84 351 HO redone rebuilt everything,smitty bars 35 swampers and yes glass body,door inserts soft top,hard doors(sold hard top)23 gallon fuel tank,automatic c4 im almost done ,ifn ya want to look not gonna be cheap though

OP
OP
F

Fios

Loc.
Albany
Strandlock, I do work for in the phone business. I'm trying to decide what direction to go in, so shopping around. Not looking for wild. Fiberglass body is interesting. If it would not be too much trouble, can you post photos? I'm looking at all the options, but was very impressed with Jeff's almost complete truck. Fatboy's got a nice original one going. I'm not afraid of picking up the wrench, but time is a problem with work and kids. May take me a couple of years or more getting it to a point. Thanks.

strandlock

Loc.
Petersburgh
ill try to get some up but TTA scrool and 5 kids keep me busy too if ya need some advise,help or pointers find me at troy line on hoosick st.im lookin to start another soon myself a stocker 6 cylinder

OP
OP
F

Fios

Loc.
Albany
Strandlock, how far are you from Albany? Hoosick? Would you mind if I drove over on Sunday this week or next to look at the Bronco? email a photo first if you can. Thanks.

strandlock

Loc.
Petersburgh
kentrol body,inner fenders,outer fenders,tailgate,grill and header panel are steel.ill get some pics up to you soon.windshield frame and support are steel.

OP
OP
F

Fios

Loc.
Albany
Kentrol is very good. Looking forward to pictures. Thanks. Still taking my time to look at all any any options. Looked at a 72 in poor condition near-by in Altamont. Wow. Rough shape. Under carriage was a problem and a family of mice moved into the glove box. The engine turned over, but lots of oil built up around the head gasket. Lots of rust. All in all, too much work and not certain you could get much restoration out of it. Too far gone or just beyond my skills. However, having said this, I still have the "bug". Liked the lines of the truck from a distance. There isn't anything like them on the road. They are just nice looking vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.