• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Looking for new headers - Look what I found

AZ69EB

I was cruising Summit Racing and found a new set of headers. I was looking for the unicorn of headers. The one many people have been looking for a long time. A set of shorty or mid-length headers with 3” bolt spacing with 1-3/4” ir larger primary tube with a 3” collector for a 408W.

I was surprised to find big block headers for an early bronco. I didn’t know this was a common swap. Only if I had a big block!

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Cool find, now we'll all be pulling the 351's and going for bigguns!

OP
OP
A

AZ69EB

Another bonus is it’s easier to find a 460 big block ZF5 4x4 5 speed.

BUCKWILD

Loc.
Butte county
just a question but are these for wide spacing small block heads (aftermarket aluminum AFR, TW) or a big block? they look small block to me but its just a picture

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The ones in the pic specifically are listed for the 429/7.0 and 460/7.5
But Sanderson has made 302 block huggers for a long time. Not sure if they have the big tube ones or not, but it would be worth a look.
And maybe Summit has some, but AZ69 was just linking the 460 version.

Paul

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have the Sanderson headers on a 351/410 Cleveland. Very nice Headers and fit correctly.

OP
OP
A

AZ69EB

I think there would be a bigger market for an off the shelf 3” wide bolt spacing with a minimum of 1-3/4” primary tube and 3” collector in either a shorty or mid-length header for a small block Ford Bronco than the big block headers on Summit Racing. I’ve on seen one big block bronco that was a mud racer.