• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Looking for reviews of Wild Horses Extreme Duty Power Steering pump.

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
I need to upgrade my power steering pump (Explorer Serp Front Dress). Considering the Wild Horses Extreme Duty and Heavy Duty pumps. I was going to have Lee Power Steering rebuild my original pump but USPS lost / Misdelivered the pump I sent to LEE'S. Interested in hearing reviews from those who have run these pumps, Especially if you have 35's or larger tires and Hydrobost.

NYLES

Bronco Guru
mines 8000 miles strong no leaks runs hydraboost brakes 33-37 inch tires...no complaints

Spartan

Loc.
Backwoods, KS
What's the main diff's between the heavy and extreme pumps?
Is the extra cost of the extreme worth it?
Sorry to jack your thread Cassidy

NYLES

Bronco Guru
Extreme is high volume(flows more, at idle this is a good thing), dual return and remote resivor......I have the HD

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have them on two of my rigs if that says anything. I put one on my crawler years ago and never even got around to putting my assist ram on because it worked so much better with the WH pump.

NYLES

Bronco Guru
I have them on two of my rigs if that says anything. I put one on my crawler years ago and never even got around to putting my assist ram on because it worked so much better with the WH pump.

wich one ya running? nevermind 4th read was a charm

OP
OP
casadejohnson

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
I had minor reservations about cutting into my power steering pump bracket for the hose Routing. I take it that has not caused any issues for anyone running this setup.

chris

No more Rock Crawler
what ever you decide on.. put a PS cooler inline with it.

Pump is great but as Pokey said, put a cooler on it. They last much longer that way.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
casadejohnson

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
I have a cooler in my system already. I run a stand alone cooler for my transmission so I plumbed the power steering / Hydroboost through the cooler in my radiator. I have been running it that way for over a year and it seems to work pretty well.