• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Looking for Someone to Rebuild my C4 in Central California

randbjorn

Contributor
My transmission guy moved to Idaho so I'm hoping someone might have a recommendation for a transmission tech in the Fresno/Clovis area. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

nickgp

Bronco Guru
While I can't help you is Cali, and can tell you the last one I had done ran about 8 Hondo.

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
While I cannot comment on the Fresno area, I can tell you what I do in this type of situation. Things change so quickly these days that I always just get on Angie's List or equivalent, find top rated shops that sound slightly custom, and then started visiting. Has worked in several instances so far.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
I had mine rebuilt bt Kern Transmission on Brundage Lane, Bakersfield.
I did the R&R. They had to inspect my installation for the Warranty.
They were very reasonably priced, and the tranny held up well.

suckerpunched

I've had good luck with chuck's transmission's on Belmont. They have done probably a dozen for me over the years in personal and company fleet vehicles. never had an issue. like already mentioned, C-4 is an easy transmission to rebuild.

OP
OP
randbjorn

randbjorn

Contributor
Thanks for the suggestions guys! Might have to put that project on hold for a few. Got a new toy today and she's a beauty.

Attachments

• IMG_9692.jpg
    IMG_9692.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 26
OP
OP
randbjorn

randbjorn

Contributor
It spent most of its life in Idaho but I picked it up just outside of Sacramento. It’s only got 60k miles and it’s awesome. I love the patina on it. Going to have the ding king work on a couple of the small dents but it’s really straight overall.

OP
OP
randbjorn

randbjorn

Contributor
Talk to roger at payless transmission in fresno! He's a good guy!

You’re not the only one I’ve heard that from so his reputation must be well deserved. I think I’ll give him a try. Thank you!

OP
OP
randbjorn

randbjorn

Contributor
They are easy to rebuild yourself. The hardest part is getting them out and back in.

That’s exactly why I don’t want to rebuild it myself. If I miss something or make a mistake, I’ll have to pull it back out again 😖