• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Looking for specific tire and need help

xltbeast

Loc.
Lake Placid, NY
Hey guys I am looking for a specific tire that I used to have on one of my old rigs. They were awesome tires but for I just can not find them or place their exact name the picture is just a little to blurry. They are the tires in the picture below. I am hoping one of you guys is going to know the tread pattern.

bargain-news.jpg

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That is a Firestone All Terrain something from what I can tell, this will get you going in the right direction. Bottom row 2nd from left.

Good luck, you prob will be in the same boat as me looking for the Gateway Buckshots that I always run here in the winter/hunting season

Attachments

• 1983 tire guide.jpg
    1983 tire guide.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 67
OP
OP
xltbeast

xltbeast

Loc.
Lake Placid, NY
You rock! all the way at the bottom second one from the left! do you have any bigger charts? it looks like Firestone All terrain T/_? but hwn I blow it up it is blurry. I should have taken the tires off before I sold the truck.

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
No I don't, I tried the same thing but no better results. Try "Vintage Firestone All Terrain Bias Ply" maybe that will get you something or maybe shoot Firestone and email and see what you get.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The mid-80's is a long time to hope that a certain tire style is still available. Most of the ones I've liked in the past have been unavailable for so long, that even if I found one I wouldn't buy it because it would just be too old to use.
And speaking of too old. If you had taken your old tires with you (how long ago now?), they might have worn out before they wore out. If you know what I mean.

My favorite tire was the General Grabber M/T of the mid-nineties. Even though that model tire is (or was until recently) still around, the tread pattern has changed at least once or twice in that time.

Good luck though. Maybe someone's doing some old-tire reproductions that won't cost too much of an arm-and-a-leg.
Is it Coker Tire that does that? Or someone else? I know Coker makes some old tires, like the old Military Jeep tires for instance. Seems like they have a lot of older repros going on too. Probably depends on demand, but maybe still worth a call if you don't find what you're looking for through some other source.

Paul

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
Your right about those tires, they were awesome. I have had them on EBs, FSBs and even heeps and they were unstoppable. I had a set of them in 36 -14.5 x 15 on my first 77 and it would go anywhere.;D

Attachments

• Brown 77 Front #2.JPG
    Brown 77 Front #2.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 31
OP
OP
xltbeast

xltbeast

Loc.
Lake Placid, NY
Yes finding some left over from the 80's in usable condition will be very impossible, the ones picture was taken around 2004. that set had been in a temp. controlled garage there entire life unmounted until i bought them. Didnt realize how old they were when I bought them but never gave me a problem.

And I am glad some one else on here has used them... some of the best tires I have used in the winter.