• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Looking for two items - stainless fender nuts and fuel filler gasket?

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
Hi, not sure if these exist or not?

Anyone offer fender clip nuts in stainless steel?

The fuel filler gasket between the 1977 pastic housing and the metal body?

Attachments

• 1977_Fuel_Filler_Neck_Assembly___Auxiliary_.jpg
    1977_Fuel_Filler_Neck_Assembly___Auxiliary_.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 08913169.jpg
    08913169.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 10

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Probably your best defenses for the fender clips are zinc coated bolts with a decent coating of anti-seize.
I’m not sure if stainless would be a good idea, with regard to the tendency for the threads to gall.

For those that know, does stainless gall only when two stainless bits are threaded together? Or will stainless threads still gall with dissimilar metals?

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Probably your best defenses for the fender clips are zinc coated bolts with a decent coating of anti-seize.
I’m not sure if stainless would be a good idea, with regard to the tendency for the threads to gall.

For those that know, does stainless gall only when two stainless bits are threaded together? Or will stainless threads still gall with dissimilar metals?
Stainless galls depending on the alloy. 300 series fasteners will gall at the first thread if you do not properly lube them with Tefgel or similar. 400-series or 18-8..the typical "hardware grade" non-marine-use SS hardware really isn't worse than the usual steel hardware.

tomsoffroad76

Sponsor/Vendor
TOMS OFFROAD

rjrobin2002

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Those black fender nuts with the Toms stainless bolts are great and will never rust and seize like the original.

I use them on all my builds.

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The black oxide coating is terrible on those fender clips. Rusts so fast.

I pulled all mine off and had a batch yellow zinc coated. Still looking great 2 years later.

Zinc will eventually oxidize and then rust, but I don’t drive the bronco in the winter, so I have a while before that happens.