• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Lord, Please forgive me for what I'm about to do!

BlazinCopper

Loc.
Jackson, TN
Well I'm finally back after my small hiatus. I'm done buying houses and having babies and ready to start another rebuild. I have the perfect truck to rebuild, a perfect uncut body. I have had this Bronco for about 2 years and I have tried and tried to come up with build ideas to leave it uncut, but I just don't like them "Custom" and uncut as much as I do "Custom" and cut. So, I will be cutting the fenders and probably have nightmares about it for weeks;D I'll start a build page and show my progress. I hope to start on another Bronco about half way through this build, so I plan on being really busy through the winter.

Attachments

• mms_picture.jpg
    mms_picture.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 112

Ethansdad73

Bronco Guru
you are forgiven, go with God and do what you must do.... sin is always forgiven if you ask... sin away;D

Dave

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Why not leave it uncut until the very end of your restoration? Then if you still want to cut it, have at it. You might change your mind over the next 7 years or so. ;D

OP
OP
BlazinCopper

BlazinCopper

Loc.
Jackson, TN
Why not leave it uncut until the very end of your restoration? Then if you still want to cut it, have at it. You might change your mind over the next 7 years or so. ;D

7 years?:eek: She'll be tricked out and ready to sell in 3 to 4 months ;D

I originally planned on leaving it uncut until the end, but I always like to predrill the fender flare holes and test mount the flares before I paint so i run less of a risk of scratching the paint. I been through 2 dozen schemes trying to convince myself to leave it uncut, but "to me" they still look better cut.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Lord 0lease strike him down. Haha. JK. ;) good luck

Dave

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Save the cutouts if they are solid. Someone might appreciate them.

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
I prefer them cut as well!

They look good uncut but cutting them completely changes the look of the old bronco for the better. ;D

just my .02 cents!

OP
OP
BlazinCopper

BlazinCopper

Loc.
Jackson, TN
Lord 0lease strike him down. Haha. JK. ;) good luck

Just to let you know that I just caught my pants leg on fire welding in the plate to fill the antenna hole. I was wondering why my legs was so much warmer than the rest of me. ;D;D Uh Oh - I had to the hot foot dance :p

shamu

Lucky as the day is long.
Loc.
Sachse,Tx
It only hurts when you put the cutt off wheel in the body. After that is is on.

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Hey Blazin, glad you're back, I enjoyed your last build!!!:cool::cool: Just my 2 cents, but if you're building it to sell... uncuts are the rare breed, rare usually means more $$$$. My little stocker has been turning a lot of heads at the local car shows????%)%)%)

Good Luck!!!;D;D;D

OP
OP
BlazinCopper

BlazinCopper

Loc.
Jackson, TN
Hey NGA - good to hear from you. Thanks, I really miss that last Bronco. I decided to get back to the basics on the next couple. Gonna build some similiar to the Deville and Dobber projects. I do want an earlier uncut stocker one day to keep and drive.

Dave

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Just my 2 cents, but if you're building it to sell... uncuts are the rare breed, rare usually means more $$$$. My little stocker has been turning a lot of heads at the local car shows????%)%)%)

Good Luck!!!;D;D;D

Good call! Cut it and cut it now! The value of my uncuts will raise! ;D

Heus33

Bronco Guru
With the quality of work you've shown in your last few builds I dont think you can go wrong either way!!

P.S. The last day of November was a sad day - loved that last build. This time build one with doors so a rich neighbor can buy it and I can drool over it. :p

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Hey NGA - good to hear from you. Thanks, I really miss that last Bronco. I decided to get back to the basics on the next couple. Gonna build some similiar to the Deville and Dobber projects. I do want an earlier uncut stocker one day to keep and drive.

Blazin,

Bless you my son and may you find peace with your decision! LOL! :cool:

Do you have any links to your previous builds that I or some others may not be familiar with some of your other projects?

Why don't you keep it Stock? If most of your other builds have all been cut Broncos you might find it refreshing a refreshing change of pace down the road that you did fight the urge to cut it. If you are building it to sell, you may end up making more money keeping it stock vs cutting it and the buildup cost should come in lower as a result of not having to get the suspension lift and other things that people may expect as a result of the lift.

Finding uncut broncos will only get harder in the future as im sure you know.

If you do decide to keep it stock, running like a 31" actually doesn't look too bad.

Good luck with your decision because im glad that I don't have to make it. :cool:

frenchy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I went thru the same thing last year, to cut or not to cut.
I cut mine. It was the 3rd or 4th one I've cut. All my friends said do NOT cut, but I cut it anyway. It's a HARD desision but hey you can always buy new sheet metal to bring it back to stock.

frenchy