• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Loss of a fellow enthusiast and MEB member

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Fellow Early Bronco Enthusiasts.

I'm sad to report that I was informed this morning that Steve Engle (AKA Broncosaurus) was killed in a motorcycle accident this past Friday, October 8th, 2010.

Steve was a Charter Member of Mid-Atlantic Early Broncos and was often in attendance with his wife Darlene and best friend and fellow Ford fanatic Lucas Koch at many shows over the years including the Bloomsburg Jamboree and the Carlisle All-Ford and All-Truck Nationals. Steve was also a frequent participant of the East Coast Bronco Roundup events that where held at Paragon Adventure Park as well as trail rides at Rausch Creek and Blue Rocks.

I first met Steve at the Bloomsburg Jamboree about 12 years ago. Soon after he called me to see if I had a rear half of a Bronco tub that was in good shape. I just happened to have one from a 1977 which was the first Bronco I had parted out. The following year I was at Bloomsburg and heard my name called out. I turned around to see Steve with a big grin on his face when he asked me "What do ya think?" He had taken that part of a body I sold him and grafted it into the project he was working on that many of you now know. The end result was a very nicely executed highly customized Bronco that drew attention and compliments wherever it went.

Steve's Bronco was on the cover and had a feature article in the March 2002 (first issue) of the MEB newsletter. Please click here to go to a memorial page we have created on the MEB website in memory of Steve which includes the newsletter article as well as his obituary.

If any of you have any comments, stories, photos or something of interest to share about Steve, we will be collecting and posting them to the memorial page on the MEB website over the next week or two. Please send submissions to Randy Silbaugh at ransil@gmail.com

MEB will be making a donation on behalf of the club in memory of Steve. Please keep Steve and his family and friends in your thoughts and prayers.

With much sadness,

Drew Peroni
Director at Large
Founder & Past President
Mid-Atlantic Early Broncos

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Thoughts & prayers sent out to his family! That is tough! :(

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
I'm very sorry to hear that. It's always hard news to take when a Bronco brother passes.

Thank you Drew for posting and to MEB for the memorial and donations.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Very sad news. My thoughts and prayers to his family.

I got to wheel with Steve on several occasions at Paragon as well as see him at Carlisle numerous times. Steve's Bronco was very trick - I think Broncosuarus won "Best Equipped" at the MEB Round Up at least once.

Steve, you will be missed.

Attachments

• DSC02206.jpg
    DSC02206.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 177

frenchy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.

Mike
bronco-heaven.com

trlblazr

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Mesa AZ
Wow, it seems we have had so many losses to the EB family lately. Prayers for him and family.

ghost66

Bronco Guru
A sad situation, thoughts and prayers for Steve, his friends and family

2Broncos2Go

Bronco Guru
very sad news - sending prayers out to his family and friends.
I'm sure that all the bronco guys have a special place to wheel
in the 'Glorlyland Off Road'.
peace and comfort to all.

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
What sad news to hear. He will be missed dearly. Prayers are with his family.

Blue71

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Very sad indeed. My condolenses go out to his family and friends.

rbodine

Wow, very sad to here we lost a fellow EB'er and fellow Biker, my thoughts and prayers go out to his family.