• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Lowes "Peel & Seal"

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
I used Peel & Seal on the floor and Frost King, the foam backed stuff, above the headliner.

OP
OP
Waverous

Waverous

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Aurora, CO
Good points everyone. So far, I have a couple of points that might help clear this up:
  • I am using this on the floor and flat surfaces primarily because of its pliability in order to help fill any seams or holes I missed with the Lizard Skin
  • I saw the Frost King wrap but at the time and I thought the foam might retain water if the carpet ever got wet.
  • As for any asphalt smell, I am running a soft top year round so I don't think the Bronco will so airtight as to accumulate an asphalt odor
  • The Bronco will primarily be kept in a garage.
  • I am going to switch to the adhesive duct material for vertical surfaces after reading the issues on sticking and heat
I am going to modify my plans and switch to Frost King for the vertical surfaces

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
For installation, get a 4" paint roller handle and remove the roller portion. Use the remaining handle and stick to press the material into grooves in the bed and contours of the pan.

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
I used peel & seal on the underside or my hard top and it has never come loose. My top is black and I live in Florida so it gets REALLY hot.

OP
OP
Waverous

Waverous

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Aurora, CO
For installation, get a 4" paint roller handle and remove the roller portion. Use the remaining handle and stick to press the material into grooves in the bed and contours of the pan.
Another option we used was a 2" seam sealer for wall paper and the box end of 1 1/8" wrench to press the Peel and Seal into the grooves of the floor and along the ridges of the floor with great results

OP
OP
Waverous

Waverous

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Aurora, CO
Another update

Got back to working on the Bronco this weekend and tried using "Frost King" on the vertical portions of the tub instead of "Peel and Seal" with poor results. The Frost King wouldn't stick to the Lizard Skin I sprayed on the tub like the Peel and Seal does - in fact, the Frost King feel off of the Lizard Skin. Every time we applied the Frost King, it detached and fell off.

So, at least for my project, Frost King is a no-go! I am sticking (pun intended) with Peel and Seal.

Attachments

• IMG_1305.jpg
    IMG_1305.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1306.jpg
    IMG_1306.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 57

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
That's strange. Frost King has stuck to everything I have put it on. Like shit on a blanket.....