• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Lube Door lock and moving parts.

77BroncoWa

Anyone have a lube they recommend for the moving parts inside the door. I know most people say removed the guts clean the grease, let it soak and lube but for now I want to just shoot some spray on it. I have been told wd40 causes rust. So if anyone has a product the swear by I am all ears!

Thanks!

Steve83

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Memphis, TN, USA, Earth, Milky Way
Just about anything marketed as "chain lube" or "flowable grease" in an aerosol can will work, but the more-expensive ones do work better. Probably not enough to justify their cost... I like Wynn's Viscotene & Winzer Polylube 250, but both are difficult to find retail, and spendy.

OTOH...
Avoid WD-40 (which deposits paraffin and gums up the works) and any penetrating oils (which AREN'T lubricants, and can damage plastic & rubber parts).

rastiss

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Wichita falls, Texas
ATF works great on old crusty parts.it creeps in and doesn't thicken up. A blend of atf with just a little motor oil will make it hang around longer. Dad has been doing this for 50 years and its what I've always done.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Id use a silicon spray. Otherwise white grease is what was recommended to lube up the latches.