• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Luber tire/wheel combo question.

OP
OP
PCDan

PCDan

Loc.
Park City
Thoughts on this wheel to go with either the 33" or 34"x 10-10.5 tires being discussed. It comes in both a 16 and 17x8 with 4.5" of backspacing. Not a 7" wheel but it does have 4.5" bs (108mm bore)

Its an American Racing alloy on their ATX Series website http://www.atxwheels.com/wheel/24339/ax199

Attachments

• AX199.png
    AX199.png
    258.2 KB · Views: 10

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If you want to wheel it and stuff the tires I'm going to say no on the 8" rims and another thing that kind of sucks about the offset on wheels for LUBERS is that the front hub stick out quite a ways past the wheels and tend to attract rocks :) A stuffage picture for you, I'm kind of picky you really need to be able to stuff those wheels!!

Attachments

• 1739.jpg
    1739.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 65
OP
OP
PCDan

PCDan

Loc.
Park City
If you want to wheel it and stuff the tires I'm going to say no on the 8" rims and another thing that kind of sucks about the offset on wheels for LUBERS is that the front hub stick out quite a ways past the wheels and tend to attract rocks :) A stuffage picture for you, I'm kind of picky you really need to be able to stuff those wheels!!

Im thinking an 8" wide wheel with 0 offset and 4.5" backspace should be fine for dirt roads. (given that Ill have 4.5 of lift and can move the axle back an inch if needed)

With a 7" or 8" wheel the only way to get it tucked in further is with a wheel with some positive offset. So either an 8" with 5" of bs, or a 7" with 4.5" of bs. Maybe Im overanalyzing this lmao :)