• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Lubr exhaust question

ccbronco

I am in the process of building my 67 sport and I am considering exhaust options. Are there NOS mufflers out there? Will aluminumized piping take away from its originalishness (copyright 2013)? I know the Bronco is not the typical Concourse car but I am trying to stay original in as many ways as I can.

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
I have never seen NOS mufflers but I would be interested to see if anyone else has any info on that. As for the exhaust piping...that would depend on you and how original you want the Bronco to be. Personally, I don't see that taking away originalishness (copyright ccbronco 2013).

BR549

Loc.
huntsville
If that is a big concern would not lifting it be worse? JBG has original round mufflers and some guys on this site are reproducing the pipes that they copied of some original rigs. They aren't mandrel bent, but the cost seemed reasonable. I am in the same boat as you are with a 67. At first I wanted to cut it and modify, but it was in to good of shape. So now it's mostly a stocker/lubr
Hopefully someone has your answer. Cause I wanna know also

patterdale

Bronco Guru
Replacing rings like mufflers with muffler shop stuff is not a no- no. An nos muffler would be sweet but no one should beat you up for an exhaust replacement.