• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Mad Props at SOB 11 Thread!!!

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Alright, just got back from SOB this afternoon, had a blast....and yes pics will be up soon!!!...anyways, I know I wouldnt have had as good of a weekend or even make it there if I didnt have the help of our helpful and wise EB Brotherhood. I'll start it out and feel free to add to it, I know there were several "beach" fixes to keep us rolling.

I'll start it out with a big shout out to regshawn, oldwinghunter and swa0330 for #1 helping me get my stuff together enough to get out to SOB in the first place...thanks guys!

Another HUGE props goes to Arsenio (amac70) and his brother for saving my weekend, Big Pink made it down and made an appearance on Friday night to register but on Saturday morning we broke down on the road to the beach, had to get the trailer and haul it back to the house we were renting. Well we dropped it back off and headed out in the Beast and met up with them there on the beach before the "Bowl Pic" and they said they'd come take a look, besides, how often do you get a chance to see a pink Bronco? ;D So after the pic they head out and they figure out the issue in 15 minutes whereas the engine shop spent 3 DAYS working on the new motor and still didnt fix it (this will be another thread with a phone number for you guys to call if you want to tell someone off for me as well). Anyways, lifter had collapsed and valvetrain needed adjusting, still not 100% but that is going to take a new set of lifters and a valvetrain tuning (and possibly a new cam dont know if the shop scewed it up or not). (sucker was causing a backfire through the carb and popping like a mofo, might also have a flat lobe where they replaced 1 lifter and didnt break in the cam). Anyways, less than 2 hours later we had it running good enough for the wife to drive it to the beach!!! So huge huge help here!

Also want to give a BIG thanks to the "Beast." Didnt want to do any damage to Big Pink so we loaded her on the trailer and the Beast got to experience its first LOOOOONG trip. Drove from SOB to Browns Camp today, did some wheeling with Scott and his Diesel (wife did her first trail run in the Beast...driving!!!!! - Big Pink will be hitting the trails soon she had so much fun!!!) and then drove back home to SE Portland without an issue, drove excellent (only a little wobble here and there :-X )!!!

So since I was driving the Beast on the hiway the wife gets my super huge props for hauling Big Pink back home on the trailer :eek: :eek: :eek: . It was her first time ever towing and she got to do it through the mountains and then downtown freeway traffic and she did marvelous!!!! So thanks Babe, you are the best wife out there and support your hubby's habit well!!!

I am sure a lot are still on the road but I just wanted to get this started!

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
Sounds like good news anyway. Just think, if nothing mechanical went wrong. What's the fun in that? Now you can do what gearheads do best.
As far as trailer towing goes, Cindy is a much better backer-upper than I am! I guess it's a patience thing! Who had the boys? I'd like to see a photo of them in the Beast.

OP
OP
Tito

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
We dropped the boys off for the weekend to spend with the grandparents since I kinda knew I would have my hands full already this weekend. Hopefully we will have them out there next year, they were there last year and were not very fun %) . Here is one on their first trip in the Beast!

Attachments

• riders0.jpg
    riders0.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 41
  • riders2.jpg
    riders2.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 41

regshawn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland
Glad you had a good time out there, sorry I was unable to make it. But next year I will have my Bronco running (fingers crossed) and the whole family. Let me know if you need anymore help (after I finish this bathroom remodel) its always funny wrenching on Bronco's. You did not say what the people at SOB thought of the Pink Bronco, was it a hit? Love it or hate it, its still a nice ride.

Oh, and post some frickin pictures already!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shawn

mr incredible

Bronco Guru
well ,, i was wondering on how good of a job they would actually do .
when a lifter goes , the thing to do is to check the cam , as it might have actually caused the whole thing . i was wishing to hear it all went well ,sorry josh ,, but i think you need to toss the cam as well as the lifters ,, perhaps a matched set of name brand would be much better in quality , as this set up ,, probability of more than not , will keep doing this ,, just in different holes ,,,, could be cam make up , not hard , or too hard , too much peak lift , push rods wrong , bla bla bla ,,, and again , i would check the lifter bores , also ,, problem might be , the wrong builder , if you get my drift ,,,

Mherriford

Loc.
Oregon City, OR
Josh was on hand to witness my starter solinoid issues and the melted mess it left behind, My trifecta for the weekend is-one toasted axle shaft found while trying to get ready, replacement axle shaft that leaked like a sieve and I fixed with jb weld, afore mentioned melted wiring, and last night my starter took a crap so I drove home without one thanks to the nameless bronco owner that gave me a tug to get started this morning

Mark

bluebronco69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Damascas, OR
that sucks about the engine josh, sometimes you cant trust "professionals" to do thier job. we made it out without any major breakdowns or problems, must not have been driving hard enough huh?

but i must say thanks to the event staff and planners for working out the raffle and events even though the forest rangers were being lame i also have to say thanks to those who put on the raffle, because i won a whole set of BFG tires!!!!
ya im super excited, i think ill get some 33 MTs, and then save up to regear to 410
oh ya

great weekend im already excited for SOB 12

Airborne69

Loc.
Moorpark, CA
man i had a blast riding with kevin. And i finally got to meet alot of you guys (including: scott, josh, mark, jeff and jess, craig, dean, brian, jeremiah, robert, rick, and so many more)
i even got to ride in scotts diesel bronco!!
that thing is a monster.
It seemed like a starter motor/ solenoid weekend for our group.
I think a total of 3 starters and 2 solenoids went out.
It was a blast though!!!!
I cant wait to have my bronco up there next year!!!
JJ-

Awnrie69

Loc.
Salem, Or
Huge props go out to those that organized the event and worked hard at ensuring that the raffle and such still went on. Also to those at Sand Lake Store for opening up and allowing us to be there.

zombie66

Loc.
Beaverton, oregon
except for the b.s. with the permit changes it still worked out good and im glad they said there will definately be an s.o.b. 12 regardless. the week there flew by which really sucked, even on the rainy days it was a blast and im glad my nephew got to spend it with me. he doesnt have a choice about bringing his bronco next year. ITS GOING TO HAPPEN BUDDY!!!

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Did somebody when the new Ironbender 4-link system?

Amac70

ME
I believe joe lougee won the four link.

And Josh good luck with motor. I really hope they get it fixed for ya. Its a bummer when a shop won't come through for you.

OP
OP
Tito

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
I believe joe lougee won the four link.

And Josh good luck with motor. I really hope they get it fixed for ya. Its a bummer when a shop won't come through for you.

Hey do you have a better way to get ahold of your bro, I havent been able to get him and I know he works nights. If you could give him my # and have him call me, I'd like to talk to him about the direction to go with the shop and a hook up with his connection Drew too. Thanks!
503-258-7307