• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Mass Buy - Headlight Wiring Harness for Brighter Lights

MI-Bronco

thesnake said:
I'd be interested in the centech info also. Thanks!!!

John

I _think_ the way this works is the same as the original harness. You would need to cut off both existing headlight connections. Then this harness would be crimped onto one of the headlight sides (pass or driver). The other side would be stubbed and both headlights would then be powered off the one side.

Ryan, is there any issue with wire capacity drawing current for both lights through wiring that was originally setup for one light?

Sorry for the question, but when you smoke wires as I have, you get really cautious....

Ryan

Loc.
Lansing, MI
A few people paid extra to get their harness early.
I hope to have installed pictures before this is over.

You don't "need" to cut the drivers headlight connector. You can unplug it and zip tie it out of the way. If you want to get complicated, and go for looks, you can cut it off further back in the body harness, seal off the wires and wrap them up.
OPTIONAL, not needed for this upgrade.

there is no fear of over loading my harness or too much current drawing capacity. My harness can handle more than 400watts of lighting!
I've never heard of a headlight that big, so good luck melting my harness, LOL. All the curent is drawn directly from the battery, the body harenss and headlight switch only has to kick on the relays, less than 1/2amp.

Ryan

Loc.
Lansing, MI
I have over 40 orders. I'm not sure if it would be appropriate to post the names or not ?:?

mlogan24

Bronco Guru
Hey Ryan,

Just a heads up-ordered a second harness and sent you an e-mail about shipping.

Thanks!

MI-Bronco

HotWheels said:
So..is this plug-n-play? Or do I have to chop into my harness?

Here's the way it looks to me - you would splice into the headlight wire on pass side and install harness - unplug drivers side and replace with new connector in this harness.

Seems good to me. ordering today.

Ryan, sorry for the load question - if I looked at the diagram, I would have noticed you are drawinf from the batt feed.....

Thought of another option to consider on this - some way to tie a switch and feed for bumper mounted lights....

Ryan

Loc.
Lansing, MI
ya got to cut 2 wires.

Bumper lights? anything is possible, but everything takes
smilie_time-money.gif

If you really want it e-mail me with the details

Ryan

Loc.
Lansing, MI
Just installed the first harness on a Bronco with a Centech harness.
This harness beat Centech by 0.5 volts
Stock lights were brighter and even. I would have taken pictures, but I don't have the skills to photograph at a light in the night. Would have been a big blur. Bronco Driver has one of these, I hope they have the skills

Wire colors on this Centech harness were not helpfull. Looked like 2 whites wires and a black ?:?
The middle top wire is always the low beam.
I guessed black on one side was ground and didn't use it.
So I used the other wire, and it was high beam.

I'm not a fan of connecting directly to the battery, but had to deal with a fiberglass body. So I did it anyway, worked perfectly!
This is a complete sucess!

U

Unregistered

Thanks go to Ryan for the install on my Bronco, The harness is Top Notch!!
Ryan is very knowledgable and very nice to talk with.. answered many questions that I had.

Ryan, you can use my bronco as a guinea pig anytime!

Thanks
Bud

U

Unregistered

The site wont let me signon, just to let you know the above post is mine

Broncobud

694play

Just ordered a set.
I needed to look at a light gremlin anyway. On high beams sometimes the headlights will go out. VERY interesting depending on the road you happen to be on :eek:
I suspect the wiring to/from the high beam switch and hopefully the relay will solve this issue.

mlogan24

Bronco Guru
Wow-90 orders-you really will have to be an EFI hermit to fill all these orders.

I just wanted to give you a word of encouragement, and say thanks for your great products, prices, and info.

694play -sounds like you may need a new switch.

Last edited: