• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Master cylinder to proportioning valve brake lines.

76 NC Bronco

Loc.
Holly Springs, NC
I have a 76 bronco with stock front disc brakes and rear drum brakes and a 2" body lift. I have seen the stainless steel brake line kits as well as all the other hard brake lines available at most of the vendors. I have not seen any lines that say they accommodate the extra length needed to go from the master cylinder to the brake proportioning valve when you have a body lift. Does anyone sell pre-bent stainless brake lines for this purpose, usually has a circle / loop in the line to absorb any movement between the body and frame, if I am not mistaken. Also, I am wondering if anyone has found a finish for a master cylinder that can withstand brake fluid without peeling or getting screwed up when brake fluid inevitably gets in contact with it. I was thinking of getting a standard master cylinder powder coated, but not sure if powder coating is the best choice, would some sort of epoxy finish be better? Thanks in advance for any help.

FrankSG

Loc.
Pittsburgh, PA
Anyone that sells a power brake kit usually supplies a the pre-bent lines that run from their master cylinder to the proportioning valve. You may want to call one of the vendors on this site and see if they offer those pre-bent lines as separate items. Look on Tom's Bronco's or B.C. Broncos web-site. There may even be some pictures of the kit with the lines.

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
Just get the braided stainless ones. Duffs wild horses and a rew others sell. Way long enough for body lift

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
We sell three different styles to suit. http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/category/Bronco_Brake_Hoses
Note the #3199, #3194 and #3077 custom.

The first is for those that liked the originals and want to keep a standard flex line, the second for those that like bent hard line, and the #3077 is mostly to accommodate non-stock master cylinders, or just for those that want to custom order their own length and style of end.
They come pre-made and in stock in the most common length and ends, but are available to order as well.

All should work with a 2" body lift.

Paul