• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Master list of non-stock front seat options - what do you use?

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Good point. I'm 6ft, and with my current mounts these seats are higher than I'd like. I can lower them 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch if I rework the mounts which I intend to do at some point.
This is why I cut my floor. Between low profile seats, seat mounts and lowering the floor I lowered the seats 5”. With me in the seat, it is the same height as sitting on the floor. At 5’11 it puts my eyes in the middle of the windshield. No ducking my head to see traffic lights or look up a hill. I also don’t feel like I’m sitting on a the top of a weeble wabble. A few that have rode in it compare it to sitting in the belly of the horse versus on top of the horse. It is a very comfortable sitting position.

OP
OP
skrit

skrit

Contributor
A Horse with No Name
Loc.
Durham
I think a major factor in seat choice for a Bronco needs to be another requirement for posting up (besides just pics) is the seat height from the mounting point to where ya park your backside.

So many seats are a terrible choice for a Bronco unless you are 5'4" tall with a 36" inseam! lol
Agree - I added this to my original post as a measurement from the top of the seat bottom to the floor

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
This is why I cut my floor. Between low profile seats, seat mounts and lowering the floor I lowered the seats 5”. With me in the seat, it is the same height as sitting on the floor. At 5’11 it puts my eyes in the middle of the windshield. No ducking my head to see traffic lights or look up a hill. I also don’t feel like I’m sitting on a the top of a weeble wabble. A few that have rode in it compare it to sitting in the belly of the horse versus on top of the horse. It is a very comfortable sitting position.
For sure Steve! We've both done it along with others but for those who haven't the resources for cutting floors then they sure need to think about how 1-2" can make a world of difference for comfort.

Seat choice parameters for me:

1- high back, not even an option to not protect your neck & spine from being rear ended by someone-especially protect your kids in the back seat. High back buckets fit btw the wheel wells perfectly. I put them in after this happened.... a lady rear ended me doing over 60mph (WA State Patrol estimate) as I was doing less than 8mph turning into my driveway. Highback seat (cage and 3 pt belt) kept me so I didn't even feel sore from being hit. That's when I put buckets in for my kids in the back. They must have been 8 and 6 back then.

2- height

3- suspension

4- looks

Like my bumper sticker from Moab Safari says: "cause purdy ain't enough". LOVE this one.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Old school here! I have 90's Miata seats. Very low and comfortable but now good ones are as rare as hens teeth. I had to have my driver's seat bottom bolsters foam replaced last year. I should get a few more years out of them.
Good choice! There were quite a number of cars in the late '80s/early '90s that had really nice buckets that worked well (i.e. low seat height) and had good aesthetics for a Bronco.

Todd Z.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Does anyone know where companies like CFB, Velocity and Highline Classics interiors source their front and rear seats? Seems like they're all the same and I like the look.
Most of those companies use Tom's buckets and re-upholster them.

Todd Z.

Kbpony

Mine were new take-outs from ford cab-over cargo trucks from the mid-90’s. The Ford dealer I worked for removed them for nicer seats as they were prepped to be turned into street sweepers. Cloth houndstooth pattern that matches the color scheme real well and they are similar size to stock. I had to chop off the legs and modify to fit. Yes, high backs would be nice, these are not. But, they sit real nice.

mrdrnac

Contributor
Mine are out of a period correct Ford 1970 Torino GT, and they are built-in high back buckets. I covered them in Neoprene to make them waterproof. Highly unlikely you would find any now, in a wrecking yard, but I got mine out of a 70 Torino GT I was parting out in 1980, if I had kept it, it would now likely be worth more than my Bronco is!

Attachments

• 1970 70 Torino  Bucket Seats (1).jpg
    1970 70 Torino Bucket Seats (1).jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 20170321_160957.jpg
    20170321_160957.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 20