• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Matchbox 100 yr. Anniversary Bronco

Moaiz

Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
How about we all collectively draft a similar e-mail request for the matchbox rep so he can understand the demand for the bronco?

jeev

Loc.
VEGAS BABY!!!!
[quote author=Allen_69 link=board=5;threadid=18556;start=15#msg142542 date=1055533329]
Chris is right. Right now the EB is in an assortment pack, which I believe contains 5 other vehicles. Drew and Don Peroni have the rights for selling the matchbox since their bronco was the one that was used for the initial design (he's the dealer at Carlisle in a previous post) They are trying to get their matchbox rep to sell just the bronco out of the set to them so they may sell it seperate, I'll let you know how it turns out. Spring roundup is next week so it may be a couple of weeks.
[/quote]

This is exactly what I found too. Damn I really wanted one NOW :mad:. I will keep looking into this and keep ya all posted....

77BroncoWag

Contributor
Bronco Guru
[quote author=CT.boy link=board=5;threadid=18556;start=0#msg142408 date=1055510849]
I am no matchbox expert in any way but from what I have heard the "Ford 100th" series is one of 4 series offered by matchbox this year. The others are a "Coke" series, a "Classic Firetruck" series and some other one. I think each are released throughout the year at different times. Maybe the Ford series is just coming out.

Someone can correct me but I think these series are pretty mainstream items and can be found at Walmart , Toys R Us etc. I'll bet they will be showing up soon.

Dave
[/quote]

I dunno people all over are selling them. The Matchbox website doesn't show them as current.

Mikey

Bronco Guru
I want one or two, too!

I am checking my meager resources for a couple. I collect the WWII Matchbox planes and, with effort and patience, you can find them at a reasonable price. I assume the same goes for these. KMart had the fire trucks mentioned in a prior message. Sooooo...If the fire trucks were at KMart and the WWII planes were at WalMart and Toys R Us.......we will find our Bronco!

72bronco

Bronco Guru
It looks just like my diecast "Models of Yesteryear" matchbox bronco. One is a white "Marlin Explorer" and the other is green, but other than the paint it appears to be an exact match. I'd like to get a red one too since it would match my truck.

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
I might be able to get 10-15 of these to sell to members, but I need to settle on a price with the guy. I would expect they'll be out in stores at some point, so I'd hate to have people pay $30 each (for example) and then find out they sell on the shelf for $20.

Anyone venture a guess as to how much they think they're worth? (even if you find out they're cheaper in stores in 6 months)

Maybe I should auction them off to site members to help pay for the dedicated server upgrade next month. ;)

rebelbronc

Loc.
Raleigh, NC (school) Marion, NC(home)
[quote author=Admin link=board=5;threadid=18556;start=15#msg144236 date=1055886877]
I might be able to get 10-15 of these to sell to members, but I need to settle on a price with the guy. I would expect they'll be out in stores at some point, so I'd hate to have people pay $30 each (for example) and then find out they sell on the shelf for $20.

Anyone venture a guess as to how much they think they're worth? (even if you find out they're cheaper in stores in 6 months)

[/quote]

you wanna know how much they sell for in stores? how bout $3.99 :eek: :eek: yea i know, it sounds crazy when you see them goin for 60 bucks on ebay, but i've seen some of the other cars in the ford 100th anniversary series and i dont see why these would be sold at a higher price. the problem is just finding one in the store. :mad:

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
These aren't your typical small 1/64th scale Matchbox cars. This one is the larger 1/43rd scale. It appears to be the same as the green '66 that Matchbox came out with a while ago. These retail for $30-35 off the shelf.

I guarantee you the new red ones won't go for $3.99. :eek:

77BroncoWag

Contributor
Bronco Guru
[quote author=Admin link=board=5;threadid=18556;start=30#msg144260 date=1055891600]
These aren't your typical small 1/64th scale Matchbox cars. This one is the larger 1/43rd scale. It appears to be the same as the green '66 that Matchbox came out with a while ago. These retail for $30-35 off the shelf.

[/quote]

Yikes I found mine at KB Toys for around 13 bucks. So I got the 2 they had left. ;D

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
[quote author=77BroncoWag link=board=5;threadid=18556;start=30#msg144342 date=1055903221]
Yikes I found mine at KB Toys for around 13 bucks. So I got the 2 they had left. ;D
[/quote]

That's what I wanted to know. :) I won't bother then because I know the guy won't let them go for less than that.

edge4

Contributor
Loc.
Gonzales, Texas
This seems errily similar to the Mangler situation. The more we look and express interest, the more pro ebayers go out and snap them all up.
There are actually some Dallas area Radio Shacks that still have Manglers for 39.95. (I believe Valley View and Grapevine stores)

77BroncoWag

Contributor
Bronco Guru
[quote author=Admin link=board=5;threadid=18556;start=30#msg144352 date=1055904237]
[quote author=77BroncoWag link=board=5;threadid=18556;start=30#msg144342 date=1055903221]
[/quote]

That's what I wanted to know. :) I won't bother then because I know the guy won't let them go for less than that.
[/quote]

that was for the 66 green one you were talking about but some of the cars in similar series out now are going for 16.

rebelbronc

Loc.
Raleigh, NC (school) Marion, NC(home)
[quote author=Admin link=board=5;threadid=18556;start=30#msg144260 date=1055891600]

[/quote]

thanks for the heads up, i was unaware that they made bigger ones too. :-[ i havent even seen any of them. i'd be happy to come home with one of the smaller ones. i cant even find one of those.

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
[quote author=rebelbronc link=board=5;threadid=18556;start=30#msg144386 date=1055906744] i'd be happy to come home with one of the smaller ones. i cant even find one of those.
[/quote]

They don't make the small ones (only big Broncos and I think a Bronco II) That's why the larger green one was such a big deal when it came out a year or two ago.