• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Max backspacing for my bronco??

orygunbou71

Loc.
Ashland, Oregon
Hi there i am looking at a set of wheels for my bronco that are 17x8.5 with 4.63 inches of backspacing. I have Toms heavy duty heim steering and a dana 44 with disc brakes up front. i have a 3.5 in long travel lift and duff extended radius arms. i want to run a 35x12.5r17 tire. will these rims work? Do i need spacers??

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
You'll probably clear the steering just fine since they're 17" wheels. I'm currently running 4.5" backspacing on my 17s and I think it's just a little too much for my tastes. I'm getting ready to try a wheel with 3.75" backspacing to see how it looks/works.

Todd Z.

Whoaa

Bronco Guru
I'm running 17" wheels, 8" wide and had them made w/ 3 1/2" back spacing. This is a 77' disk brake Dana 44 front end w/ the tie-rods moved to the top of the knuckles, plenty of clearance.

Here's a pretty good pic of the stance running 3 1/2" BS

37" x 12.5 x 17 rubber on this one