• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

May 1-2, 2015- Carolina Broncos Trip to Durhamtown Tellico, Murphy NC

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
Cb4x4.com

exactly lol...didnt get alot of love over here in this thread...so they got posted on cb4x4 site.

it was a great time, however durhamtown tellico needs about 5 yrs to be worth making a trip. wont go back til then. too far to drive and only do "trail rides"

Bronco Biff

Contributor
SOOOO WHERE DID THE THREAD GO??? Just got 5 mins since pulling out of Murphy Sunday morning and went on CB and found NADA!! Wanted to share with some buddies and link is GONE!!!

Had a BALL!!

chuzie

Bronco Guru
We had a glitch on the site and the thread was deleted. Working to restore it. Will notify everyone when it's fixed.

Bronco Biff

Contributor
Thank you, Sir!! I take it everyone made it home okay? My trip was SMOOOOTH especially comparing to the trip there. Pulled out about 0730, backed in the driveway 1830. 1297 miles roundtrip total. Cost ??????? plus $11.99 upper radiator hose, PRICELESS!!! Good seeing all you folks!!

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
sadly biff, there are some issues...when a thread is created in the forum, we can "promote" that thread to the home page. So when chuzie, started creating the novrun thread and promote it...he deleted the meet and greet article on the home page...however, that was tied to the thread...so it deleted the thread also! this was a mistake, and hit happens be be a bug with v Bulletin. we are trying to fix this as quickly as possible. i would have thought he would have stood up and posted this already...stay tuned folks. this is just what we need-to drive folks away right when they want to post pics or see all the pics.

chuzie

Bronco Guru
My trip to Tampa was just over 10hrs. No issues other than some close calls with crazy drivers in Atlanta.

Let it be known that I am the culprit in the missing thread caper. I and I alone deleted the thread and hereby take full responsibility for the loss of all its contents should it not be recovered.

There, happy Chuckles?!?!

Last edited:

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
My trip to Tampa was just over 10hrs. No issues other than some close calls with crazy drivers in Atlanta.

Let it be known that I am the culprit in the missing thread caper. I and I alone deleted the thread and hereby take full responsibility for the loss of all its contents should it not be recovered.

There, happy Chuckles?!?!

Hey chuzie, I hope that is the worst thing that you ever do or that ever happens to you!!!!;D;D;D

Last edited by a moderator:

Bronco Biff

Contributor
Yeah, me too Ben!!! I'm glad all them crazy drivers were in Hotlanta and not DERM (aka, Durham, home of the Blue Devils) cause if they were it would have been a mess!! They must have had a couple of hundred Hogs on scooters buzzing around there in some of the heaviest traffic I have ever seen coming through there unless the Devils were playing UNC!!

OP
OP
broncosbybart

broncosbybart

Bronco Guru
Biff, I was up that way once to pick up a Bronco. It was on a Sat afternoon and it was football season. When those little team flags get attached onto vehicles and people start driving about, all common sense is somehow lost.

It was a great trip. Crawford's camp ground was awesome although it wasn't busy enough. We were the only ones there. I'd love to see that place filled up every weekend!

The D.T. trails reminded me a lot of Uwharrie. Most trails were very easy and there weren't many obstacles. I did enjoy the lack of traffic out there but didn't enjoy the haul out and back so much. They also raised their prices but didn't post it on their website or anywhere else that I could find. That annoyed me.

Overall, I'd say they are stretching it to say 40 miles of trail but I did enjoy the trails we ran. Anyone with a true rock rig would probably not be very pleased but most EB owners would probably have a good time. I expected to see a lot more rocks than what we ended up finding. Most of the hard trails were hard just due to the inclines more than anything else.

Of course I didn't take any pics. Hopefully someone will post a few up here.