• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

May try to 'flip' my Bronco

65fordstang

Loc.
East Wenatchee, WA
I've been lucky enough that my cousin recently gave me a larger air compressor with a lot of tools and two new HVLP guns and am also probably going to get a MIG welder from him. Does it sound realistic to be able to put $1000-$1500 into my Bronco and flip it (or keep it%))? With the exception of needing new floors, top/doors (or soft top?), and some repair in the inner fender were batter acid has taken it's toll and a couple pinholes in the tail gate, the exterior is almost perfectly straight. I have a beautifully running 302 that's coming out of my Mustang (replacing with EFI 5.0) that I could replace the dying 351 with. I would probably pull the body off as well to do the repairs. The paint would be a 2 stage urethane over epoxy (Summit House Brand).

Am I basically looking at a few hundred in body panels and paint since I have a good motor or am I missing something bigger? I wouldn't ghetto anything, just do it correctly on a strict budget.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
As with anything I think you'll end up putting more than 1000-1500 into it by the time your done. pull the body off and start replacing stuff and your likely to find more issues that need to be fixed.
Had to say if you will gain anything by fixing it all up how much did you pay for it? how much are you going to try and get out of it? vs what you may endup putting into it. But a good paint job can help sell it so its very hard to say.

Heus33

Bronco Guru
The market for EBs is so finicky, especially if eBay is your goal. I've seen beautifully restored rigs go for less than $20,000 and then I've seen some decent/above avg rigs also bring in $20,000 but then a similar rig not break $7,000.

It seems to be real hit or miss. Id say go on eBay and use the advance search options to search for high dollar sales, then find the biggest commonalities (color, wheels, lift, creature comforts) and apply those to your build.

mavman427

Loc.
Nipomo, CA
It will snowball on you once you get into it, trust me. I'm not sure you could put a set of new tires and wheels on it for $1000 lol.

baglock

if you got the Bronco for free, sell it as is. This is the only way to profit on bronco flipping.

72-Madisyn

Loc.
Medford
you could easily be $2-300 in nuts and bolts and fluids for the motor/tranny/trans case. add in paint materials,(not cheap), even budget friendly brands you figure you are out min. $450, plus sheet metal, and by the way, what is your time worth? Building to sell you have to add in whatever you figure your labor is worth to you hour for hour. Doing the work right you are gonna have some time into this. being consevative here, 100 hours at what, $20 an hour, you are already at 2k. Plus materials,plus purchase price, you may make a small profit on this deal depending. Just not the market to sell in right now. 3 years ago you could have made a killing I bet.

Larry B

Loc.
Medford
I owned my EB and rebuilt. I planned on 6000, the wife started looking hard at me when I hit 11,000. It is done now and nice and I can get possably 7000 and that is no labor. I think you could make more money mowing lawns