• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Measurements please, drivers mirror and antenna, thanks guys!

taipeichris

Bronco Guru
Hi Guys,

Can someone please measure how far back the drivers side mirror first screw hole is from the front edge of the door? Also how far down it is from the drivers side window? My inner door looks like play dough worms from 53 years of pervious owners bondo covering old mirrors mounting holes and I don’t know which was stock. Or does someone have a template they can post? I’m going to install OEM style mirrors.

Also, the same kind of measurement for a stock drivers side antenna mount? How far forward from the door/fender edge to the hole and how far down from the hood/fender edge? My 66 has an old weird aftermarket antenna on the passenger side fender which has never worked. My current antenna just lays flat on the dash and it’s time to fix that.

Thanks again!
Chris

kempco

Make sure you check clearance from mirror to open vent window. Don't ask how I know.

68Broncoz

Contributor
Toms sent me a diahram of the mirror location. I thought mine was to far back bu it was right on.

No Hay

Bronco Guru
On my '76:

mirror first screw from front 13 1/4"
mirror second screw from glass 2 5/16"

ant forward from fender edge 5 15/16 - 6"
ant down from fender edge 2"

The wing window misses the mirror by 7/16".
I'll bet mine are in the stock locations, but no guarantees! ;D

Attachments

• IMG_1432.jpg
    IMG_1432.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1433.jpg
    IMG_1433.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 14

wsager

On my '76:

mirror first screw from front 13 1/4"
mirror second screw from glass 2 5/16"

ant forward from fender edge 5 15/16 - 6"
ant down from fender edge 2"

The wing window misses the mirror by 7/16".
I'll bet mine are in the stock locations, but no guarantees! ;D

No fender so I can't help with the ant, but my mirror is within 1/16" of No Hay's (It's actually back 1/16"). That's on a stock 73 ranger door.