• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Glove box insert measurements please.

taipeichris

Bronco Guru
Hi Guys,

Over the years I've had several glove box inserts and they both disintegrated. I was going to buy a new one but couldn't justify $30 on a plastic box so I think I'm going to make one out of sheet metal.

Can someone please post some measurements?

I have a general idea on the size but measurements would be nice.

Thank you.
Chris

Attachments

• Early Ford Bronco Glove Box Insert 10.23.17.jpg
    Early Ford Bronco Glove Box Insert 10.23.17.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 27

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
For what it's worth I'll take measurements for ya, but mine looks like this

Attachments

• IMG_3344.jpg
    IMG_3344.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 71

Waverous

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Aurora, CO
Interesting post. Years ago I thought about making a steel glove box and I measured the one I had. I also had a PlasmaCam table so I was hoping to make a steel glove box from the measurements I had. Well that never happened and I sold the table, but I still have the .pcm file if anyone can open it and try it out to see if it will work.

OP
OP
taipeichris

taipeichris

Bronco Guru
1strodeo,
NICE GLOVE BOX! Did the rats throw a sleep over in that thing? Cool photo!

Bronkenn, agreed, great patina.

Bknbronco, Black duct tape! What a great idea!

Waverous, Your idea sounds much more sophisticated than mine. I have a big piece of sheet metal from an old rusted out Bronco top that I've been making things like transmission tunnel cover plates from. I think it would be kind of poetic to make my glove box insert from an old hard top.

Keep cool guys!
:cool:

Waverous

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Aurora, CO
1strodeo,

Bronkenn, agreed, great patina.

Bknbronco, Black duct tape! What a great idea!

Waverous, Your idea sounds much more sophisticated than mine. I have a big piece of sheet metal from an old rusted out Bronco top that I've been making things like transmission tunnel cover plates from. I think it would be kind of poetic to make my glove box insert from an old hard top.

Keep cool guys!
From the hard top! Too cool!

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
1strodeo,
Keep cool guys!

Hey man it's still intact, which sounds like an accomplishment from what i've heard!

You should just order a plastic one, take measurements and return it or post it in the parts for sale thread. Who knows maybe your creation will make you the next EB vendor ;D

Keep us posted -Jeff

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'll send you my new plastic box from painless I'm not using, PM an address.

jonpblewis@yaho

Loc.
San Diego, CA
Funny I was thinking of doing a write up on this. I just made one from an ammo box. I saw the ammo can at a surplus shop and it looked just about the right size. so I took a chance and picked it up. 15$ I think. Sure enough I cut the bottom off and it fit perfect tight to the tabs . Now I have my dash moved out 4 inches so I can keep it full size all the way to the back of the box but if you had to cut and weld that recessed it would still be easier building the whole thing.

Attachments

• IMG_0031[1].jpg
    IMG_0031[1].jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0030[1].jpg
    IMG_0030[1].jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

jonpblewis@yaho

Loc.
San Diego, CA
well I'm just getting into paint on my build so everything is pulled apart but I set it in place and took a few pics for you.

Attachments

• IMG_0044[1].jpg
    IMG_0044[1].jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0040[1].jpg
    IMG_0040[1].jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0039[1].jpg
    IMG_0039[1].jpg
    98 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0037[1].jpg
    IMG_0037[1].jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0034[1].jpg
    IMG_0034[1].jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0033[1].jpg
    IMG_0033[1].jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0032[1].jpg
    IMG_0032[1].jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0045[1].jpg
    IMG_0045[1].jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 49

jonpblewis@yaho

Loc.
San Diego, CA
73azbronco,Thanks for the info on the can. So 556 ammo can fits perfectly the glove box door opening to easily make a steel Bronco glove box. That's the kind of info that is good to know and just the kind of stuff that makes CB.com the place to go for all things Early Bronco.