• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

MEB and Tidewater Broncos Hitting Hatteras Island

Bronco Biff

Contributor
Alright guys and gals!! Break out your boogie boards and fishing poles! Might be your last chance to stick your feet in the Atlantic this year........
Looks like we have a few Bronco's planning on making the trip.

September 17th-19th

Tentative Itinerary

Friday- get in town and set up. Any early arrivals could coordinate for congregating as possible.
10 am Saturday. Meet at the Graveyard of the Atlantic Ship Wreck Museum in Frisco (Free!)
Group photo on sight.
Grab an Icee.
Truck out on the beach for lunch and hang out, fish etc.
Grill dinner beach style. (could coordinate menu here, dogs and burgers, boiled shrimp, scallops, fish if caught or brought)
Fire and Pirate ghost stories, S'mores etc. right on the beach.
Break and depart by 10 pm. (unless overnight permit is acquired for fishin'!)
Sunday by ear.
Cape Hatteras Lighthouse
Maybe meet at Oregon Inlet for a dip in the ocean, photo etc. Campers/rigs/trailers coming back up from the south end of the island (like myself) can be parked at the Oregon Inlet Fishing Center.

I will be on site C23 at Frisco Woods.

Bring your sunscreen!!

Biff

4x4x289

Spent last Sunday on Cape Hatteras with friends and family. We had a great time, and we look forward to doing it again on 9/18. ;D

Attachments

• IMG_2266resize.jpg
    IMG_2266resize.jpg
    278.5 KB · Views: 64

BCH BRCO

Now that would interest me, driving the EB on the beach, surf cast and down a few brewski's!!! Wish we could get the Florida boys to organize one like that!!

OP
OP
Bronco Biff

Bronco Biff

Contributor
...shouldn't have issues in FLA for lack of beaches!!!

It'a looking like about 10 eb's and a couple of Full Size big brothers so far......not too shabby!!!

.....started cleaning the '73 out last night and was thinking it hasn't been to Hatteras in 21 years, dang the time flies!! I wonderi f it will remember what to do?

CORE4WD

Loc.
Virginia Beach
Me and family are staying at Frisco Woods, cabin camping! Ray (blue chug-a-lug EB!) and Tracy are as well....

Hoping to be in the Southland (just across N.C. border) area by 3:45 Friday P.M....

Dave

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
Wish I could join you guys. Since I move to Atlanta I never make it to the banks anymore. Used to spend a week in the spring in Buxton fishing for Blue and a week in the fall on Duck or Cape Lookout fishing for Drum.

The ole' bronco was drove many miles on the sand out there in the 90's.

Boy am I envious!

4x4x289

Me and family are staying at Frisco Woods, cabin camping! Ray (blue chug-a-lug EB!) and Tracy are as well....

Hoping to be in the Southland (just across N.C. border) area by 3:45 Friday P.M....

Dave

We will be arriving late Saturday and leaving early Sunday due to soccer games. I hope to hear some good campfire stories Saturday night! Yeh go ahead and bust my chops for still running around with a munched dana 30, so long as you are having fun! It might give me the incentive to fix it. Also look forward to families meeting the families.

OP
OP
Bronco Biff

Bronco Biff

Contributor
Allright- getting particulars down now. Menu for Saturday night is looking like Steak and Shrimp. Putting out an e-mail with details to all I have confirmation as coming, so if you want the details and did not get an e-mail, post up or PM me.........Fire will be on until midnight, so if you are staying on the beach past 10 pm you will need the link to the permit for your rig (no cost) that I wil include. Pre fall weather is looking great. Get your tackle right if you what some surf (besides shrimp) to go with your turf!!

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Biff and Scott - can't thank you guys enough for putting this together. Sure wish we could run the beach with you and the others but I've been planning this trip to OCBR for a year so I have to pass :cry:. Have a great time...and you know you gotta post lots of pics!!;D

CORE4WD

Loc.
Virginia Beach
Got my night permit printed, not sure how long we'll stay on beach. Prolly a while though!

Hurricane Igor will probably be providing some really good waves! The "cove" might even be working, if the beach is open up by the "point"....;D

OP
OP
Bronco Biff

Bronco Biff

Contributor
Got my night permit printed, not sure how long we'll stay on beach. Prolly a while though!

Hurricane Igor will probably be providing some really good waves! The "cove" might even be working, if the beach is open up by the "point"....;D

I'm thinking about midnight or so......never know!!

Did you see the cool interactive map on the Hatteras National Seashore map?

Ramp 49 is pretty close to the campground. the green line shows whats open for vehicles.

Attachments

• Frisco.JPG
    Frisco.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 49

CORE4WD

Loc.
Virginia Beach
Hey since we're doing the photo shoot at the Lighthouse (I'd like to take Alex up to the top!) we can get on the beach at the ramp right there and convoy on the beach back towards Ramp 49!

Looks like Jonel will be going with us, she'll take shrimp and potato!

OP
OP
Bronco Biff

Bronco Biff

Contributor
Weather is shaping up nicely!! Going to be a good time!! The boys said the hard top on the '73 has to go!! Had the 4door Bronco buck a little yesterday trying to tighten up one of it's shoes. The right upper ball joint had a little wiggle and I couldn't get the spindle off to get the axel and the knuckle off. Wound up cutting through the ball joints with a sawzall and pressing the spidle off. It had obviously not come apart since it was put together at the factory.

Jim, might need to come by and get you to run some bead on my new front cage mounts. Yes, my welder is still a worn out piece of junk!!!

TM Toys

Loc.
Barboursville , VA
not looking good for me now ,, my co-polit backed out and I'm not sure I want to make the trip alone ,,, :(
can some PM me the camp-ground info ? and any details u have .. I have taken off Friday would be leaving Charlottesville heading south , would like to link up w/ anyone , so I'm not travelin solo .. if not I can't see me towing down the 68 alone ..

thanks for your time and help ,
Tony ..