• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Medium Lime Metallic paint (1972)

JustinCA

Contributor
I just got the Marti report for my Bronco and was surprised at the color. I thought it was Limestone Green, but turns out it is Medium Lime Metallic. The weird thing is I don’t see that color on any the paint code charts for a 1972. There were only 272 Broncos sold with that color so wasn’t a common color. But I’m surprised how few results I get when I Google for other examples.

Anyone else have a Medium Lime Bronco?
IMG_6061.jpeg

OP
OP
JustinCA

JustinCA

Contributor
I may be wrong, but I believe it is the same color with just a different name. Gorgeous bronco btw.
That makes sense, because every time I see pictures of a Limestone Green Bronco the color looks identical to mine.

ford man

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Leesburg Ga
Yes as trailerjack said same base color just different name my 75 is medium green glow looks very close to the same color as yours.Love your bronco and the color is very cool!

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Yup same color. I had a 73 that was Green Poly Metallic and it looked like he same color. I love that color on EBs one of my favorites for sure!

OP
OP
JustinCA

JustinCA

Contributor
That color has always been my fav on Broncos. Also Justin.........".sweet oval" in the garage.
Thanks Scoutingranch. The oval was my first car when I turned 16 nearly 30 years ago. Fun car and a fun balance to Bronco.

OP
OP
JustinCA

JustinCA

Contributor
Thanks everyone, super helpful. This is my first Bronco and it’s been pretty fun learning the history and mechanics of it.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The standard practice, if you don’t find a matching color name or code for your year on the charts, is to look at the adjacent years. So check color charts for 71 and 73 as well, to see if it shows up there.

Timstrk

Medium Limestone poly for '74. Fought having it painted for years but couldn't fix the PO dent in the pass door without it. The grille in the sig block. Ours could be twins.

Mikes79Bronco

Loc.
Homer Glen, IL
Looks very similar to the F250 I just bought. The Marti report has mine listed as Limestone Green Metallic

a56c0a9b4dafbb94a25f64abad9bdfa4.md.jpg

2cc7d60676c2df28f748aa54d72f9cea.md.jpg

575af73d8034e8d58698743a81364d88.jpg

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Cool. I thought so because of the “Q “in the VIN.
Same as Broncos because they were all built in the same sequence as “trucks“ rather than passenger cars.
Hmm, I wonder if passenger cars also had the same sequential letter designations?
What month was it built? Looks early, but I don’t actually remember all the numbers from Viperwolf1’s “P’s and Q’s“ discussion.

Sorry for the slight tangent/hijack, but it seemed a good time to ask.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Speaking of which… Even though it’s not a bronco, maybe we can add your truck VIN to that discussion.
I wouldn’t think Viper would mind, but I can’t speak for him.