• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

merry cristmass from junkyard

la77

Loc.
Alexandria LA
my buddy tigernutz and I won big at the junk yard yesterday.
two hydroboost off astros with MC and np 435 for $100.
can you beleive that. A good buddy's brother owns the yard.

anybody know how to get the front collar that covers the input shaft that the throwout bearing rides on (NP435), Just knowing what it is named would help. thanks

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
On a mustang T5 it's called a bearing retainer, sounds like the same part.

Hauq

When I got my 435 it was from an automatic, and I just looked around some more and found a collar from a different, manual, one and swapped it at the yard.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Good score I just got back from the junk yard myself picked up a NP435/205 for $185 good thing is it was $20 less than I was quoted came out of a 79 F150 that caught fire took me 4 hours to pull it wouldnt have been to bad but the body mounts burned and the cab was sitting on the top mount bolts ended up separating the t case from the tranny then lifting the tranny up through the cab. worked out good as I cant pick up the whole assembly by myself any ways. would have grabbed the HP44 to but I knew it wouldnt fit in the back of my bronco plus it had the cast in C wedges so not a good canidate.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Hauq said:
When I got my 435 it was from an automatic, and I just looked around some more and found a collar from a different, manual, one and swapped it at the yard.
Huh?
A NP435 from a automatic thats a good one.
Anyhow he's right its called a bearing retainer not sure about just grabbing any old retainer laying around but if it bolts up and is out of a ford and Fits the bellhousing I dont see why it wouldnt work otherwise I contact a tranny shop they may have some or can get one