• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Midwest 40th Anniversary Bronco Roundup - September 29-30, 2006

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
http://www.66to77.com/40/bdad.htm

Our Bronco annual run to the Nicolet National Forest of Northern Wisconsin is going big this year in celebration of the 40th. Local Bronco enthusiast, Ken Virgilio, really got the fire lit under his butt at the awesome Paragon festivities and got me and some of the local crew really jacked about really getting some big Bronco numbers up in north woods this year. Anyone who knows the area, knows how spectacular the colors at the end of September. Also, the weather is usually nice and cool, so the typical trail overheating and vapor lock issues are left back with the dog days of summer.

Ken has pulled out all the stops with the vendors and looks like we should have quite a good raffle for those that get signed up and register.

I’ve also been in contact with Thom Cheney about getting a shirt design in the works for the event. ;D

Anyone who wants to check out some old shots of the past events at Nicolet can visit our local forum at www.66to77.com/forums/

I'm really hoping for some big numbers on this event. Broncolove of Michigan... Trailpsycho of Indiana... I need your help with your local crews! We need to bring in the old Badlands battalions! Anyone who loves the Badlands will love McCaslin! The McCaslin campsite is perfect and we have reserved from the 23rd to the 30th for those that wish to come early (the official events will be on Friday and Saturday). There is plenty of room, plenty of challenging trails, and plenty of room for an awesome time!

Don't let the wheeling talk shy away any stockers either. This will be a show weekend alongside a wheeling weekend. All Broncos, 66-77, Bronco IIs, Full Size...all are welcome (no Jeeps please ;) )

PASS THE WORD! Midwest folks, get the 29th and 30th of September marked off on your calendars now and we’ll see you up at McCaslin this year.

John Foersterling
72_EB
Chicago, IL USA

Mr Joe

Bronco Guru
We're glad they had a good time. Good luck with your event. ;D

OP
OP
72_EB

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
FWD. EVENT PRESS LETTER

July 9, 2006

Dear Ford Bronco Fans,

We are holding the Midwest 40th Anniversary Bronco Roundup in Northern Wisconsin at the McCaslin Mountain Offroad Park and Campground (web- http://www.mccaslinmountain.com). Edith Smith, the owner of the park, can be reached at (715)757-3734. We have booked the venue for the 29th and 30th of September 2006.

McCaslin Park has a pavilion for us to set up and hang sponsor banners. Tables will be set up for company catalogs and literature. Trophies and raffle prizes will also be given away in the pavilion. All prizes will be labeled with the sponsors’ names.

An advertisement for the event will be in the August/September issue of Bronco Driver Magazine and a complete article of the event will be in a later issue. The post event article will contain photos of trail rides, show, group photo, pavilion and award ceremonies.

Before the raffle, a toast and thanks will go to the sponsors, companies, and their staff for their dedication and support to Bronco enthusiasts like us.

Most current event information and chat forum under “Midwest 40th Anniversary Bronco Roundup” at: http://www.66to77.com/forums/
Downloadable and printable registration form at:
http://www.66to77.com/40/Midwest 40th Anniversary Bronco Roundup Registration Form.pdf

Press of the event can also be seen at 66to77.com, classicbroncos.com, and vendor websites

Our target area of trucks will be from Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, and Iowa.

Some of our current sponsors of the event include:
Jeff’s Broncograveyard, Wild Horses, BC Broncos, James Duff, Tom’s Bronco Parts, Complete Offroad, Dynamic Concepts, Phil’s Inc., Bulletproof Steering, Performance Unlimited, Napa Auto Parts, Tuffy Security Products, Stonecrusher, Protofab, Kentrol, Wild Child, Driven Auto Parts, Driveshaft Superstore, Auto Krafters, Attitude Performance, Terra Comp, Ron Francis Wiring, West Coast Broncos, Bronco Hut, AA Service, Painless Performance, Mickey Thompson, NicksTrix, The Bronco Ranch, Bronco Covers, and Bronco Driver Magazine

In 30 days, we will know approximately how many trucks will be in attendance.

If you have ANY questions, please contact Kenneth Virgilio at—

Cell- 847-456-8463
Email- KBJBRONCO@AOL.COM

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!

Best Regards,
Ken

Last edited:

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Way to go Ken!..guess you and Jack were not quite 'done yet', eh?;D

Hmmmm..so now I gotta go do the Mapquest thing and think about this one.:D

Bill Mc

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
Well, now I know when I have to have my rear-end ready.
uh, my Bronco's rear end that is. ;)

OP
OP
72_EB

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
Ken has been busy on the horn with pulling in additional sponsors (list updated).

Get registered and get camp or accommodations taken care of asap!

Thanks all! :)

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
Ok I'm signed up!
Can't wait! Come on rear-end!
I like rocks and trails, off camber situations, more rocks, sand, some mud, but I can't see diving into this bowl of gumbo!

Attachments

• gumbo.jpg
    gumbo.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 30
OP
OP
72_EB

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
Cool! Can't wait to see the Cloud again, Mark.
I'll be racing to finish my 9" too. It's been due for bearing and seals since the last Nicolet run.
Yes, that is stinky mud hole Ken is diving into in that pic too. I don't blame ya. See ya at the 40th!

Mark Troy said:
Ok I'm signed up!
Can't wait! Come on rear-end!
I like rocks and trails, off camber situations, more rocks, sand, some mud, but I can't see diving into this bowl of gumbo!

OP
OP
72_EB

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
Mark,
Have you been in touch with Mr. French on the 40th? Haven't heard from him yet.
John

OP
OP
72_EB

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
Here's a partial list. I haven't updated it in a bit as Jack and Ken are also taking registrations, but we're REALLY rolling along now as we get closer. Get registered and call Edith at McCaslin to reserve a campsite if you haven't already. Sites are booking up! I'll try and update the list here as we get closer, but I need to get hopping on a couple things on the '72 before I hit the road too. Can't wait! 40th is gonna be a blast!

-John

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right now CONFIRMED, REGISTERED, and PAID are---

101. Jack N. - broncojack

102. Ken V. - Ken Whitehorse

103. John F. - 66to77

104. Mike K. - moabmike

105. Kurt M. - Kurt

106. Mark P. - 66Tonka

107. Nick L. - Augustus

108. Scott M. -Border Patrol

109. Matt S. -77broncosport

110. Tim G. -TGEB

111. Kyle L - utpwr

112. Mark Troy. - same

113. Mike L. - same

114. Mark R. -broncoguy66

115. Mike E.

116. Karl and Jen H.

117. Mike G. - DRBRONCO69

118. Paul D.

119. Tim H. - eaglenest66

120. John M.

121. Will T. - WillT

122. Cris D. -FX4MAN

123. Mike K. -MpCrewCab

124. Tom - BroncoRanch (Broncolove-MI)

125. Terry M. -

126. Gabe S. - Recko555

127. Jason G.

128. Chad O'C. - cro_bronco

129. Derek O.

130. Jay B. - Rhinobuggie

131. Mike L. (Chassel, MI)

132. Brian D. (Berlin, WI)

133. Nate H.

134. Kurt L. - Overeasy

135. Steve R.

136. Eric. C.

137. Mike F.

138. Nick H.

139. Christine H.

140. Mark W.

141. Norman F.

142. Kevin B.

143. Gil W.

144. Rick S. - 76GlassBronco

145. Steve W.

146. Ron - Blueknightcrew

147. Dan S. - 66 Bronco With Balls

148. Josh H.

149. Kevin L.

150. Kevin T.

151. Scott A.

152. Karl S.

153. Mike G. (Kankauna, WI)

154. Jeff L.

THANKS TO ALL THAT HAVE REGISTERED EARLY!

Those coming but PENDING REGISTRATION ARE---

Some of Mike's Crew?

Alan K. - Bronco Rescue

Nick - fordguy

Tim W. -sprky

John K. -broncojohn

Ken S. -

Jim - (finishing touch 66)

Bill Gunderman -

Mike M.

Dave C. and Green Bay High Riders (8 Broncos!) Thanks guys!

Edith's nephew

Last edited:
OP
OP
72_EB

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
YO! Bronco Slackers! Get your registrations in! We're a month away!
If you're having trouble with form...call Ken and get registered with him right over the phone.

broncolove

The Bronco Ranch
Loc.
S.E. Michigan
John, I am all set up to go, And will be donating a set of 1/4" Stainless steel Rocker Rappers to the event.

Thanks Tom

OP
OP
72_EB

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
Just got the email, Tom. Thanks for the donation! When I saw you were bringing rappers I was thinking you were bringing Ice Cube or the Beastie Boys. ;) Just kidding. Thanks again! I'm adding you to the sponsor list now.
Don't forget to rally the troops in your area!

OP
OP
72_EB

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
Mike,

I couldn't get either of those guys, so I just got Wayne Newton instead. Sound good? ;D

-J

mike.l

Loc.
Milwaukee,WI
Nugent

72_EB said:
Mike,

I couldn't get either of those guys, so I just got Wayne Newton instead. Sound good? ;D

-J

You'd get a few more registrations if you booked Ted "F"ing Nugent.

77Bronco636

If Ted wants to come he can hitch a ride with me! I can pick up on the way. Then I would have to drive my bronco instead of trailer it!! Would make for one hell of a ride there!
Paul
Michigan