• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig

mag409

Loc.
Central Pennsylvania
Been saving for awhile and picked one up yesterday. Nice machine. Having never tigged before I have some learning to do. I'm getting the hang of it after sticking the tungsten half a dozen times. Next up is filler rod.

Attachments

• Picture 016.jpg
    Picture 016.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 69
  • Picture 019.jpg
    Picture 019.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 89
  • Picture 015.jpg
    Picture 015.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 56

DebosDave'72

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Bozeman, MT
It just takes some practice, remember to sharpen or clean up that tungsten each time you touch it down or stick it... It can be a lot of fun, and man they put down a nice bead...

DD

BUCKETOBOLTS

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Salisbury, NC
Cool!!! I'd like to have one at the house myself. A TIG machine is great for those stainless steel and aluminium projects.

slcpunk

Loc.
The WB, UTAH
get a good bench sander(if you havnt already ) that will see no other matterial. the sander you use to sharpen the tungsten has to be used just for the tungsten(to prevent contamination)

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
I wanna be your neighbor. Tig is pretty easy you can usually use the ceramic cups to help steady your hand and get the correct angle for welding.

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
congrats. that's a ncie little machine. it will serve you well. as mentioned clean, clean clean, between your tungston, base material you are welding and even your filler rod. it take slots of practice. as you learn, make sure youa re comfortable, that is a big key.
keep it up and in no time you'll be laying down the dimes.

Attachments

• DSC01050.jpg
    DSC01050.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 79

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Hey, I was playing with a unit like that at the recent Miller Welding show here a few week ago. I wanted one but then I tried out the Dynasty 200DX and I was sold. I weighs like 40lbs and very compact. A few more $$$ then the Syncrowave but I like it....

Now try and TIG 2 aluminum soda cans together....;D

OP
OP
mag409

mag409

Loc.
Central Pennsylvania
I'm getting the hang of it. Got the sander/sharpener covered. As far as material thickness, this machine is capable of 1/4" Aluminum and up to about 1/2" on mild steel. That should cover everything I have planned for it. I compared this one with the Lincoln Precision 185 and Miller won out on "Bang for the buck". The Dynasty series are inverter based which jumps the cost. Overall I'm happy with the purchase and hope to get some projects done I have in mind for it.

drscotch

Loc.
Edmonton, Alberta
Congrats on the new toy. Those are great specs on the new syncrowave 200 you can't beat it for the price. If you want some hard core insight into your results, post some welds at: http://www.millermotorsports.com/mboard Another great forum - helped me a lot.

Madgyver said:
then I tried out the Dynasty 200DX and I was sold. I weighs like 40lbs and very compact. A few more $$$ then the Syncrowave but I like it....Now try and TIG 2 aluminum soda cans together....;D

I've got the 200DX as well. Very nice machine. I haven't graduated to pop cans just yet. ;D