• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Modify Milodon Dipstick Assembly?

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Hi,

Another modification that I'd like to do involves the dipstick.

The PO installed a Milodon flexible tube. It is semi-permanently mounted to the pan.

The dipstick has a billet head assembly that fits into the tube nicely. The problem is that the actual dipstick tube material is rigid (although it can be bent to shape).

(I have attached a couple of pictures below.)

The dipstick hangs up on the fitting that is attached to the oil pan. With a little time and finessing, the dipstick can be inserted, although it is a bit of a pain.

I have a Lokar dipstick on another Bronco. It has a flexible cable (with a different head). I believe the flexible cable would work nicely.

Has anyone made this type modification to a Milodon dipstick? I know it isn't rocket science. I would prefer learn from others, if possible.

Thanks

Jeff

Attachments

• IMG_3802 1024x768.JPG
    IMG_3802 1024x768.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3805 1024x768.JPG
    IMG_3805 1024x768.JPG
    124.1 KB · Views: 16