• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Passenger cold air intake hitting hood. Anybody modify one?

OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
Love the reply! I got it pretty close. I was able to slip it inside the lower section after I cut it and lower the hood to check the alignment. A couple of flashlights and some human origami/yoga moves (hard for a big fella like me) I was able to verify where it needed to be. I marked it , cut it , glued it. I will see if it worked sometime this week if it quits snowing.

Thanks for the reply, made me laugh, I needed that! Have a good one!

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
I had an EB one time that the PO had a problem like yours!! He solve it by heating and mashing it down????%):eek:

(In all fairness to him, it was a timing thing with their filming schedule.)

Attachments

• DSCN3038.JPG
    DSCN3038.JPG
    172.1 KB · Views: 42

JR.BONNER

Loc.
Springfield
Looking good langestar, I assume by your comment about fumes that you don't have a intake hole in your hood, I'm in the same boat, ive actually thought about doing what you did but sealing off the intake on top and cutting holes in the lower plastic between inner and out fender to get fresh air??? haven't done anymore but thought about it as yet.
Like the idea of the fiberglass though... been watching a lot of videos on youtube .. going to be building a console soon. Keep us updated on your progress.

OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
NGABronco, thats one idea that never crossed my mind. Looks like it worked, kinda abstract art now. Ha!

JR.BONNER, I do have the slots in the hood over the intake. Mine is sitting a little better now than I thought it would so I can use a gasket and make it work. I tried to think of another method of air intake. The inner fender wouldn't work for me, I like mud and I think it would just plug up. I am still trying to figure out a way to pipe an intake to the front of the grill. The battery is mounted smack in the middle of the best place. I have not given up on the idea, just need to get a 12 pack and think about it a bit more!

Thanks for the replies

OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
Here are a couple pics of the finished product. I would paint it but I am not taking the damn fender off again! Functional, yes, beautiful, not so much. It could have turned out worse. It will work just fine for me for now, I might make up something better at a later date.

Attachments

• IMG_1992.jpg
    IMG_1992.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1993.jpg
    IMG_1993.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 22
OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
I am thinking about that or some fusion paint. I think I can mask it off enough to get it done. I will see what the weekend brings.
Thanks for the reply!