• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

MonkyBiz's Vent problem solved!!

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
Here is some pictures of the air vent I have in my Bronco. I got tired of the high tempuratures under the hood with my 302 and knew the 351 would cause worse problems. It did. Vapour locked 3 times in an hour in 70 degree heat. NOT GOOD. So I did a search and saw the problems everyone was having and made this rather crude but effective hood vent.
MONKYBIZ, take note, you started this!!

TOFIC>

Attachments

• vent.jpg
    vent.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 160
  • vent1.jpg
    vent1.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 94
  • vent2.JPG
    vent2.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 128
  • vent3.JPG
    vent3.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 116
  • vent4.JPG
    vent4.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 92
  • vent5.JPG
    vent5.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 123

ET

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I can't tell but is it far back enough were water wouldn't not get to the air filter? Kinda looks like it will not effect it.

Eugene

joser

Loc.
Chesterfield, MI
This is a great idea and very nicely done!

I was just thinking about it and what if you put a pusher fan under each of those vents? Then the air would be forced out those vents.

If I have the room under my hood (with the 351W) I am going to try it. I need, let me repeat that NEED, to vent some hot air from the engine compartment.

vap13

I'm wondering if I'll have the same problem with my 351 once I get everything finished. Whats strange is how can so many have the same exact powertrain and equipment and some run cool and others so hot?
Paul

BoltBuster

Bronco Guru
Ive never had any problems with my 351 over heating and dont have any vents fans or extras. I have only been in traffic and havnt had the luxuary of towing anything and yet to have it offroad. This may change when I get the C6 in.

joser

Loc.
Chesterfield, MI
I did hear taking the hood off will lower temps a great deal.

Each Summer brings a new challenge of keeping my Bronco cool. Last Summer she ran reasonably cool, this one she seems to want to climb toward 230*. I have been having luck at highway speed, she will stay around 190-200*.

chromeyellow

Loc.
Lecompte, Louisiana
230 Is Way Too Hot For A 70 Model Engine. Mine Always Ran Around 190 Until I Installed Automatic And A/c And Now It Gets To 210. Let The Modifications Begin Again!

OP
OP
TOFIC

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
ET said:
I can't tell but is it far back enough were water wouldn't not get to the air filter? Kinda looks like it will not effect it.

Eugene
Hi there

Nope water does not get near the open element filter.
Dropped the tempurature to the Tstat temp and it STAYS there.
I also use Efans and do not have a engine fan so air movement is critical on this setup.

Works good MONKEY hint, hint, dig, dig,
TOFIC