• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Monster Garage "Rock Crawler" EB

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
I recently bought all the Monster Garage DVDs and couldn't wait to see the "Rock Crawler" EB. Does anyone in here know what happened to it? I know it was sold on Ebay a few years back, but don't know if the party that bought it is a classicbroncos member.

Attachments

• monster bronco.jpg
    monster bronco.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 458

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
It sold a couple of times. Last I knew, a fella down in southeast Texas bought it, and sent it off to have the suspension rebuilt to his liking at a shop back east (I think it was Frankie's) and has made various modifications to it since. I haven't heard anything about it in a while, I assume he's still got it. Not sure if he posts here or not...

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Ringwood, NJ
might be 'bout to open a can of worms. When I joined this forum there was an enormous thread of people pissed of at jesse for cuttin up such a nice stocker

1WILD69

Loc.
south range
I got the chance to look it over last month. It was at a shop in TN. I does belong to a guy in TX. He has re-worked almost everything on it. Its a darker blue now as well.

OP
OP
BRONCOchild

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
might be 'bout to open a can of worms. When I joined this forum there was an enormous thread of people pissed of at jesse for cuttin up such a nice stocker

Well, don't mean to dissapoint, but it was suppossedly voted by viewers as the "viewers pick" challenge. Plus, one of the guys on there, "Lindy", from Strictly Broncos was the one that donated the baby blue eb.

Jesse James was merely going through the motion of the show. I've met him before and he really doesn't have love for material stuff. He is one of the few people out there that actually use his rigs for its sole purpose and doesn't trailer queen them around. Hence the reason why he "rock crawled" the eb to it's demise!!!

I'd like to see new pics of the "Rock Crawler" and see where it's been taken from it's first appearance.

broncomitch

Bronco Guru
Loc.
west jordan, utah
from what i hurd on the net, after it broke they took it to a fab shop and they had to rebuild about 70% of the hole thing (didnt do it right) went on tour for a wile then was sold on ebay, probabbly bought by a private collector.

i seen some pic's of it (i think on pirate4x4)

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
I did cringe when I saw them cut that Bronco up, but what can you do. They had a mission and they did it. No reason to cry over it.

snipes243

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Huntersville, NC
I remember watching the show when it came out thought it was pretty cool. And they even crushed a cadillac with it

Hal9000

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Flagstaff, AZ
Didn't even realize it was sold... I thought TDC owned all the vehicles and just threw them into storage when they were done with em....

At least it lives on in the hands of an enthusiast. I wish I had known when it went up for sale though.

Dan's73

Bronco Guru
They might hold on to a few, but there were a bunch at Barrett Jackson a couple years ago: the Hot Dog dragster, he Donut Maker cop car, the Lawnmower Mustang, and a couple of others. To look at them up close you can definitely see that these things were slapped together. Booger welds, lumpy paint, some questionable fab work. Might be understandable given the compressed time frames in which they were built. The EB looked to have some decent guys building it, but I bet it wasn't too pretty either...

OP
OP
BRONCOchild

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
I like the look of the Bronco. Were did you get the DVD?

Well, I bought the whole 3 seasons of Monster Garage. So, it's not just the one episode. At the same time, I bought them used and they were in good quality, so I scored for $30.

OP
OP
BRONCOchild

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
They might hold on to a few, but there were a bunch at Barrett Jackson a couple years ago: the Hot Dog dragster, he Donut Maker cop car, the Lawnmower Mustang, and a couple of others. To look at them up close you can definitely see that these things were slapped together. Booger welds, lumpy paint, some questionable fab work. Might be understandable given the compressed time frames in which they were built. The EB looked to have some decent guys building it, but I bet it wasn't too pretty either...

Some are kept by private owners. Some were kept by Jesse James, or at least at his "west coast choppers" shop. Whatever happens, I prefered this show better than "Pimp my Ride". Now that show...I would of cringed at what ridiculous thing they would of put in the EB through. thank god it never happened....lol

Attachments

• jeep1.jpg
    jeep1.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 209
  • jeep.jpg
    jeep.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 233

Hal9000

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Flagstaff, AZ
I prefered this show better than "Pimp my Ride". Now that show...I would of cringed at what ridiculous thing they would of put in the EB through. thank god it never happened....lol

Uhh, it DID happen if I'm not mistaken. I don't remember the details though.

Personally I loved the Mitsubishi Hijet that Pimp my ride did. Laughed till I cramped up watching that episode. I loved when the stereo installer pointed out that they had just put something like $40K worth of AV equipment into a $400 car. The rest of the vehicles were crap though. I watched another two seasons of that show just waiting for a repeat of that one episode before finally giving up.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Just wanted to bump this back up and see if any new pic's anywhere or more info to it's whereabouts now? Looks like the toy crawler turned out to be just as pop;D

420Bronco

Loc.
Minden, NV
Our 1945 Willy's ford Jeep was on there after my old man had sold it to a guy in South Lake Tahoe and it showed up on monster Garage and they made it a drag Jeep with the two 502 big blocks on the front of it. Sad day to see that jeep go to S**t

carter2772

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Camano Island, Wa
Here are all the pics I have of it... Curious where its at now, and if anything has been done to it....

9.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg