• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Mothers powerball

brian72

Early Bronco Student
Anybody using one to polish alum wheels? Like it...something better out there?

My fingers were killing me working on one wheel last night. Time to get something to polish for me...

-brian

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
I used the big one and it works awesome. Alot better that doing it the old fashion way. Now they just need a nice buffing ball to go along with it;D

cbford

I used one on a set of old ford slots. I started sanding with 220, then 400, then 800, then the ball. Worked great. I followed the ball/compound with the wipe on/off polish and they shine like chrome.

SACHEM

Back From the Dead
I've got the flitz version and I don't know how I got along without it.

ChrisinWV

Bronco Guru
Loc.
St George Island, MD
I just bought the flitz, but haven't had a chance to use it yet....
I do want to get it done before the bad weather hits.....clean wheels are so much easier to clean.....;-)

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
before i ditched my aluminum rims i bought a powerball. i hadn't polished my rims in about 2 years, and i live near the ocean. 3 minutes on each rim and they looked like new.

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
SACHEM said:
I've got the flitz version and I don't know how I got along without it.

That's what I was hoping to see when I opened this tread! My problem is Denver uses some Mag Chloride to melt the snow on the roads and not only is it hard a chrome, aluminum, but it eats wiring as well. So now I have "stains" on my rims and i am hoping to bring it back. I will be seeing what I can find for flitz online!

J.D.